Rate my build/How can I improve aesthetically?

MarkyPG

Thinking of buying cable extensions and maybe better looking fans for the front, anything else I could do?

Specs:
R7 7800X3D
RTX 3080 Ti 12GB (Gigabyte Vision)
32GB CL40 4800Mhz (2x16)
700W Gold EVGA PSU
2x 1Tb M.2 Gen 4 SSDs

IMG_0484.jpg

That GPU barely gets any air, and it's a high power draw GPU, my oh my. Temps must be really high without power limit.

Getting back to the question,

1. All fans should at least look the same

2. ARGB RAM

3. ARGB AIO block, besides that AIO is not good.

7 minutes ago, MarkyPG said:

32GB CL40 4800Mhz (2x16)

700W Gold EVGA PSU

And the RAM, that is very slow, does not belong in a gaming PC with 3080 Ti and 7800X3D.

PSU, is way below minimum recommendation, which might've be fine if it is not a high end RTX 30 series GPU.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

6 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

That GPU barely gets any air, and it's a high power draw GPU, my oh my. Temps must be really high without power limit.

Getting back to the question,

1. All fans should at least look the same

2. ARGB RAM

3. ARGB AIO, besides that AIO is not good.

And the RAM, that is very slow, does not belong in a gaming PC with 3080 Ti and 7800X3D.

PSU, is way below minimum recommendation, which might've be fine if it is not a high end RTX 30 series GPU.

Temps are actually not getting very high on both the CPU and GPU, under 100% load the CPU doesn't get over 70°C and the GPU doesn't get over 80°C, as for the RAM, with xpm or whatever it's called for AMD it's set to 5200mhz, which I thought was the max for this CPU looking at the spec sheet, so should I just get a 4 pack ARGB fan? thinking of NZXT, should I get the static pressure ones or the airflow ones?
Edit: and as for the PSU, I just used the coolermaster PSU calculator thingie, so I thought it would be fine

I mean, you already bought it, so there's no use for me to convince you otherwise. But I will give you my reasoning, just for future reference.

CM AIOs have been very meh, especially for the price.

The RAM spec usually means the guaranteed to be run at that speed kind of thing, AMD themselves recommend 6000MHZ for 7000 series CPUs.

I'm not sure what PSU model it is, but regardless, 3080 Ti would at least need 850W PSU to avoid shutdowns during heavy load.

If someday, your PC shutdowns while gaming, I would suspect the PSU first.

As for the fans, get whichever you like the look of, but I wouldn't suggest it, take it from me, I wasted quite a bit of money to chase better looking PC, now I hardly care about it. I just need it to function properly while gaming. Point is, looks get old.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

12 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I mean, you already bought it, so there's no use for me to convince you otherwise. But I will give you my reasoning, just for future reference.

CM AIOs have been very meh, especially for the price.

The RAM spec usually means the guaranteed to be run at that speed kind of thing, AMD themselves recommend 6000MHZ for 7000 series CPUs.

I'm not sure what PSU model it is, but regardless, 3080 Ti would at least need 850W PSU to avoid shutdowns during heavy load.

If someday, your PC shutdowns while gaming, I would suspect the PSU first.

As for the fans, get whichever you like the look of, but I wouldn't suggest it, take it from me, I wasted quite a bit of money to chase better looking PC, now I hardly care about it. I just need it to function properly while gaming. Point is, looks get old.

I appreciate it, I really didn't know the RAM spec wasn't the maximum the CPU could use (although I only consider it half my fault, due to not doing proper research, and half AMDs fault because in the website it says "Max Memory Speed") anyhow that's just me coping, anyways I appreciate the advice on not chasing a better looking PC because in reality it's just what I do, I only bought a 7000 series CPU due to the different IHS design (very stupid, I know), the AIO was the best deal I could find where I live (around $80 USD for masterliquid ml240l v2, which was the cheapest non 120mm AIO I could find, and wayyy cheaper than noctua coolers or any decent air cooler in general) I'll take your advice on the PSU and get myself a better one tho, and get matching fans which shouldn't be too expensive but will satisfy my needs for aesthetics, thank you very much 😄

If you could return the PSU, why not. But if you can't, I'd suggest to hold on to and wait for it to actually cause you trouble. You never know, your PSU might be fine, but chance is quite slim, especially when paired with 7800X3D.

It's quite well known by know, always go above the actual requirement for RTX 30 series, the transient spike during gaming is no joke.

Besides, several unintended hardware shutdowns is not going to break your whole PC anyway.

It looks fine as is, but if you really want to make it look even better.

• Do a custom loop so you get cleaner tube lines.
  • Matching fans and ones with the frame on the other side so we get the full RGB effect with the reverse frame.
  • Sleeved cables.
  • A better case.

I don't think it's worth the money to change anything, but you asked what could be done.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 minutes ago, alyen said:

Do a custom loop

AIO has become so laughably cheap that getting an AIO with a shorter tube is cheaper than that so... just do that. Not like OP has any place for a reservoir big enough to be worthwhile. Another option would be to just cut it yourself.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, MarkyPG said:

Edit: and as for the PSU, I just used the coolermaster PSU calculator thingie, so I thought it would be fine

30 series GPU's have huge power spikes sometimes so 700w really isn't enough, if you can't get an 850w yet try undervolting the card to limit how high the power spikes get.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

3 hours ago, alyen said:

It looks fine as is, but if you really want to make it look even better.

• Do a custom loop so you get cleaner tube lines.
  • Matching fans and ones with the frame on the other side so we get the full RGB effect with the reverse frame.
  • Sleeved cables.
  • A better case.

I don't think it's worth the money to change anything, but you asked what could be done.

Custom loop I'm not too sure if am comfortable with due to the lack of space as SorryBella mentioned, and due to this being my first build I don't have much experience.
Matching fans are definitely a priority alongside sleeved cables.
A better case is an option I'm not too happy with either due to me loving the aesthetics of this case so much that I'd be not willing to let go.

I appreciate the advice though, will definitely get sleeved cables and matching fans, as for the fans, any suggestions? I'm thinking either ASUS TF120's or Aer RGB's from NZXT, could consider lian li SL120's as well but the price is a bit salty where I live

3 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

30 series GPU's have huge power spikes sometimes so 700w really isn't enough, if you can't get an 850w yet try undervolting the card to limit how high the power spikes get.

thinking of just buying an asus ROG thor 1600w to avoid problems in the future in general, Dukesilver27- mentioned it would not break my PC immediately once it fails but I'm quite scared 🥲

4 hours ago, MarkyPG said:

thinking of just buying an asus ROG thor 1600w to avoid problems in the future in general, Dukesilver27- mentioned it would not break my PC immediately once it fails but I'm quite scared 🥲

now a 1600w is way to overkill, I would get an 1000w so you could upgrade to like a 5080 or a 8900 XTX in the future.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

• 2 weeks later...