Question about cleaning the bottles

Marco2G

Hi everyone

I'm considering buying some LTT bottles because I'm having an issue with my current one. One of them gives the water some funny aftertaste and the other started to do so as well after cleaning. I put it in the washer and then it tasted like detergent. So I went after that with some vinegar. So the detergent taste was replaced with vinegar :D. I even went as far as using steam to clean the thing. Nothing helped.

One week later the aftertaste seems to have gone.

So I want to know is there a special way you clean insulated bottles that I don't know of or is this a case of cheap chinesium and the LTT bottles don;t have that issue in the first place?

Any experience of citric acid?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

On 8/31/2023 at 8:17 PM, Marco2G said:

Hi everyone

I'm considering buying some LTT bottles because I'm having an issue with my current one. One of them gives the water some funny aftertaste and the other started to do so as well after cleaning. I put it in the washer and then it tasted like detergent. So I went after that with some vinegar. So the detergent taste was replaced with vinegar :D. I even went as far as using steam to clean the thing. Nothing helped.

One week later the aftertaste seems to have gone.

So I want to know is there a special way you clean insulated bottles that I don't know of or is this a case of cheap chinesium and the LTT bottles don;t have that issue in the first place?

you need to wash the bottle out wiht water mutliple time if it tastes of vineger. IWht plain water liek wash it out like 5 or 6 times with plain water

Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! 

ALWAYS HAPPPY TO HELP NO CHALLENGE IS TO HARD FOR ME

Sorry I make lots of typos