Login with Ltt Forum

Emperor Numerius

Is there a way to create a login to a different website using the Ltt Forum login?

Iam pretty sure You can do that with floatplane so they have the backend i dont know it is open tho

can you elaborate what you mean?

cuz unless you've got admin access to the forum back end, I don't think you can do anything with forum logins anywhere

17 minutes ago, tkitch said:

can you elaborate what you mean?

cuz unless you've got admin access to the forum back end, I don't think you can do anything with forum logins anywhere

I'm thinking maybe OP is asking if they can use the LTT login info on other websites, kinda like Sign in with Google...Facebook...Steam etc. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

I'm thinking maybe OP is asking if they can use the LTT login info on other websites, kinda like Sign in with Google...Facebook...Steam etc. 

this is why I asked him to elaborate on what he meant 

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

this is why I asked him to elaborate on what he meant 

46 minutes ago, Emperor Numerius said:

Is there a way to create a login to a different website using the Ltt Forum login?

That's what I'm interpreting it as...at that point, you set yourself up to be hacked more easily if you use the same username/password across multiple websites. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

That's what I'm interpreting it as...at that point, you set yourself up to be hacked more easily if you use the same username/password across multiple websites. 

This is almost never implemented as a benefit for the end user, but rather a transfer of risk / maintenance off of the website, especially when those websites don't offer to create an account directly. 

although.... 

image.thumb.png.4593fb6ed5750d6f696c1590fcd02c25.png

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Just now, Skipple said:

This is almost never implemented as a benefit for the end user, but rather a transfer of risk / maintenance off of the website. 

although.... 

image.thumb.png.4593fb6ed5750d6f696c1590fcd02c25.png

Yes. I know you can sign in with those services. Hence in my previous post...

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

1 hour ago, Emperor Numerius said:

What you are looking for is called "Federated authentication". Typically website that uses federated authentication do not offer federation themselves.

So I highly doubt the forum is a federation provider.

Well it was worth a shot
I dont think i can do it so yeah

will have to think of something else.