I need help with bottlenecking

I have a i5-10600k and i recently bought a 4060 not even thinking about the bottleneck, Does anyone have suggestions on what cpu i should pair with a 4060?

What games do you play and at what resolution? The 4060 is pretty shit and you shouldn't have bought it in the first place, but i think a 10600k is still kinda decent for it. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

well im coming from a 1060, But i played cyberpunk for the first time and i noticed my CPU percentage was higher then my GPU. I know alot of people dont like the 4060 but im happy ive even reached 60 fps playing some recent games. i play at 1080P 

1 minute ago, HelpMeSmile said:

well im coming from a 1060, But i played cyberpunk for the first time and i noticed my CPU percentage was higher then my GPU. I know alot of people dont like the 4060 but im happy ive even reached 60 fps playing some recent games. i play at 1080P 

That'll be running at 8x PCIe 3.0 too.

7 minutes ago, HelpMeSmile said:

I have a i5-10600k and i recently bought a 4060 not even thinking about the bottleneck, Does anyone have suggestions on what cpu i should pair with a 4060?

What motherboard do you have?  Is it PCIe 4.0 Ready?  Maybe an 11th Gen swap in would be enough.  That's what i did.  My motherboard was PCIe 4.0 'ready' so just popping in an 11th Gen CPU gave me that 4.0 PCIe generation

Also.. This is pretty normal for Cyberpunk.  Even on my 2070 Super/11500 combo i'm really held back by the CPU

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

6 minutes ago, HelpMeSmile said:

The i5-10600k is still a decent CPU and pairs quite nicely with the 4060, I dont think you need to worry about any major bottlenecks going on 🙂

The 4060 is a decent card, its price to performance might not be the best but the card itself is quite alright 🙂 Dont regret your purchase, just have fun playing video games.

1 minute ago, ChonkerFox said:

That'll be running at 8x PCIe 3.0 too.

What motherboard do you have?  Is it PCIe 4.0 Ready?  Maybe an 11th Gen swap in would be enough.  That's what i did.  My motherboard was PCIe 4.0 'ready' so just popping in an 11th Gen CPU gave me that 4.0 PCIe generation

Also.. This is pretty normal for Cyberpunk

Im using a PRIME B460-PLUS and i know cyberpunk isnt known for its performance but even playing something like God of war or even world of warcraft, my CPU gets used more then my gpu, My gpu doesnt even leave 10%

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

The 4060 is a decent card, its price to performance might not be the best but the card itself is quite alright 🙂 Dont regret your purchase, just have fun playing video games.

Thanks man! i appreciate it, But im still just trying to figure out whats going on with it, it stutters from time to time all of my temps are normal just seems like the GPU isnt being used at all but it is? idk its very odd

2 minutes ago, HelpMeSmile said:

Thanks man! i appreciate it, But im still just trying to figure out whats going on with it, it stutters from time to time all of my temps are normal just seems like the GPU isnt being used at all but it is? idk its very odd

I don't think the CPU is that much of an issue

Problems may come from the 4060 with not much VRAM, and gimped by PCie3 x8, and maybe your RAM that you didn't tell us about..

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

I don't think the CPU is that much of an issue

Problems may come from the 4060 with not much VRAM, and gimped by PCie3 x8, and maybe your RAM that you didn't tell us about..

Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz is what i have currently

8 hours ago, HelpMeSmile said:

Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400 MHz is what i have currently

Ok more than enough but slow by today's standard

What's exactly your performance and CPU/GPU usage in games ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Ok more than enough but slow by today's standard

What's exactly your performance and CPU/GPU usage in games ?

So when i was playing God Of War at 1920x1080 on low settings my CPU was running at 90 to 100% then my gpu was running at less then 20% i tried doing high settings and it still was the same

1 hour ago, HelpMeSmile said:

So when i was playing God Of War at 1920x1080 on low settings my CPU was running at 90 to 100% then my gpu was running at less then 20% i tried doing high settings and it still was the same

What are you using to check GPU load? Task Manager is quite buggy with GPU load. Ideally use something like HWiNFO, but the Nvidia Overlay should be accurate. In the GeForce Experience overlay, click on settings → HUD overlay, select Performance and set it to Advanced. Then press Alt + R to bring it up while ingame. 

4 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

What are you using to check GPU load? Task Manager is quite buggy with GPU load. Ideally use something like HWiNFO, but the Nvidia Overlay should be accurate. In the GeForce Experience overlay, click on settings → HUD overlay, select Performance and set it to Advanced. Then press Alt + R to bring it up while ingame. 

I was using task manager but ill try something else, but isn't 100% on the CPU a little crazy? like i feel like it shouldn't be at a 100%

3 hours ago, HelpMeSmile said:

I was using task manager but ill try something else, but isn't 100% on the CPU a little crazy? like i feel like it shouldn't be at a 100%

12 threads being active would be unusual, but looking at other people play this game it looks like God of War has really good CPU utilization. 

53 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

12 threads being active would be unusual, but looking at other people play this game it looks like God of War has really good CPU utilization. 

yeah thats why im very confused, I'm just gonna assume its a bottleneck