Which micro SD card to get for my Samsung phone

AleksiDj73

Hello everyone, i will get straight into what i wanna say. I currently own a Samsung Galaxy A71 and i'm running very low on storage and i have a SanDisk Evo Plus 32GB which i've had for close to 3 years and that's almost full as well leaving me with around 1GB total storage and i wanna get a 256GB SD Card and somewhat futureproof myself in the future if the phone i get has an SD card slot.

My 2 options are the Samsung PRO Plus 256GB (2023) (not to be confused with the 2021 version) and SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB and the price for me here is only 1.5 euros difference so not much and i wanted some help to see which one is best. Yes i know the SanDisk got 20MB faster read speeds and 10MB faster write speeds than Samsung but it's not like i'm gonna be recording 4K video everyday so i don't really care about speeds and i want some personal experience with people that used Samsung/SanDisk SD cards.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Hello everyone, i will get straight into what i wanna say. I currently own a Samsung Galaxy A71 and i'm running very low on storage and i have a SanDisk Evo Plus 32GB which i've had for close to 3 years and that's almost full as well leaving me with around 1GB total storage and i wanna get a 256GB SD Card and somewhat futureproof myself in the future if the phone i get has an SD card slot.

My 2 options are the Samsung PRO Plus 256GB (2023) (not to be confused with the 2021 version) and SanDisk Extreme PRO 256GB and the price for me here is only 1.5 euros difference so not much and i wanted some help to see which one is best. Yes i know the SanDisk got 20MB faster read speeds and 10MB faster write speeds than Samsung but it's not like i'm gonna be recording 4K video everyday so i don't really care about speeds and i want some personal experience with people that used Samsung/SanDisk SD cards.

Thank you!

samsung one.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

samsung one.

Thanks but, anything else?

15 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Thanks but, anything else?

if those are the only 2 in that area. yeah.

scan disk cards.   you have to look up model/sku etc lvl stuff with those.  seeing onn branded cards. are the  ehh sandisk ...

sandisk is very very checky on their labeling of a produce for cards.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

6 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

if those are the only 2 in that area. yeah.

scan disk cards.   you have to look up model/sku etc lvl stuff with those.  seeing onn branded cards. are the  ehh sandisk ...

sandisk is very very checky on their labeling of a produce for cards.

Well no we got all kinds of SD cards here but personally i chose only those 2 brands and nothing else.

And alrighty then, i will keep that in mind

2 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Well no we got all kinds of SD cards here but personally i chose only those 2 brands and nothing else.

And alrighty then, i will keep that in mind

pny and Lexar are good to.

1 hour ago, dogwitch said:

pny and Lexar are good to.

I haven't tried pny or lexar products in general so i'm better of going for a safe option