For 80$ more, Why should I get a 4930k over a 4770k?

With the retail edge program with intel I can get a 4770k for $111 or a 4930k for $176..

Right now I use a 3570k OC'd at 4.4ghz

Is it a large leap over the 4770k? 

The 4930k doesnt have quicksync, which I often use(but don't necessarily need) to stream to twitch.

For $80, What would you guys do?

For six cores in total, I'd pay the extra $80, at the very least because it's a great deal.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

O_O Those prices.....

It all depends on what you are using your pc for.If it's for everything except video rendering go for 4770k.

Although this price on the 4930k is fkin AWESOME!

If you are willing to spend at least $200 on a new mobo,get the 4930K.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I would just get the 4770K, cheaper motherboards.

This is also a pretty big factor, But is the jump from 3570k to 4770k going to be a large leap anyways?

This is also a pretty big factor, But is the jump from 3570k to 4770k going to be a large leap anyways?

Not really, just OC your i5 and you're good. Oops you already did, so nope.

By the way, I need Retail Edge :o

If you need a LGA2011 CPU, you need a LGA2011 CPU and you'll pay what it takes to have one because you need it. If you have to ask why you'd want one, you probably don't really need one.

The 4930K has 12 threads so it's worth the extra $80

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

For gaming, an i7 isn't exactly "better" since hyperthreading isn't taken advantage of, so an i5 wwould get similar performance.

Haswell was also about 10-15% better than Ivy Bridge on average if I recall, but you might lose your overclocking potential which might negate performance gains.

The 4930k might overall be the better buy if you're OK with a more expensive board.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

i would pay the price. but where did oyu get those prices?

get the 4930k or keep your 3570k.

Intel Retail Edge, If you work in retail, like a best buy, micro-center etc you just sign up and take quizzes for some points.  After 2 hours I'm 90% to be able to buy it for that price.

http://retailedge.intel.com/50/asmo/deal

You should be doing heavy video editing to consider the 4930k. Not light. Not medium. Heavy.

Because in gaming for the time being, there's no significant leap between these two CPUs. Not to mention X79 is much more expensive.

you should get the 4930K and have processing power for pretty much the rest of your life..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR