Are OEM keys legal?

MrMaster214563123

They are in what is called "grey" keys. Not technically legal.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, MrMaster214563123 said:

Are OEM keys legal?

IMHO, grey area.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

honestly you might as well go full pirate mode if it is not "technically legal". it's not like microsoft is going too hard on it anyways, if they did they'd start by taking down this repo from github, a site they own

Selling it is illegal, and by extension, buying it is too. However, in the worst-case scenario, the key just gets deactivated. Life's a risk carnal.

1 hour ago, MrMaster214563123 said:

Are OEM keys legal?

If you're asking, I would just buy a key from the Microsoft Store.

I personally don't try to provoke the Microsoft Audit gods now a days even with my personal machine since I have MPSA/VLSC contracts with them now...

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

I did some research on this and long story short is that most OEM Cheap Online keys are illegal.
But if you buy an OEM license for one O.S. for a new PC then it's legal, but you can only use it once for that one pc I thought but correct me if I'm wrong.

For cheaper Steam games I do buy some games on G2play or Kinguin but AAA titles or games above €50,- I buy on the Steam/MS store.

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

10 hours ago, pcislocked said:

honestly you might as well go full pirate mode if it is not "technically legal". it's not like microsoft is going too hard on it anyways, if they did they'd start by taking down this repo from github, a site they own

PS: I do not condone the use of this repo on Github. I think you should buy a legitimate license from Microsoft and do not use this repo from Github. I also think you should not buy an OEM key since they are technically not legal, but I do not recommend you to use this repo from Github either. Absolutely do not use this. This repo, like buying an OEM key, also not techincally legal.

I think you get the idea.

12 hours ago, MrMaster214563123 said:

Are OEM keys legal?

Technically OEM keys are sold to DELL, HP, etc. Under the agreement that those companies provide technical assistance to customers. They are also technically locked to the motherboard of the machine where windows is installed originally. These keys are generally cheaper like $80 on most reputable retailers. 

Now if your talking about keys that cost absurdly little money. Those are very questionable. And at that point your probably just better off not activating Windows or out right pirating it. Some of these keys are purchased with stolen credit cards and resold. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.