Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, digitalscream said:

image.png.71c142326f7cac7bc8d53042b7d68b74.png

"what I remember hearing"... so, second hand hearsay, minus the fact I'm pretty sure not reporting issues you know about isn't exactly a great sign of the quality of your testimony about second hand information. 

2 minutes ago, dwrecks said:

Witness testimony is one of the highest forms of evidence that exists. 

And so far there's Madison, Colin and David liking all her tweets. Along with a meeting exhibiting inappropriate behaviour.

And yet we still don't know who allegedly committed it.

37 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

But after this clip I have no idea who would be outraged about anything in it, including James' quip - at least not anybody with an adult brain.

In an HR meeting; where it's talking about people feeling safe and secure it's 100% inappropriate and something should have been said right then that it wasn't appropriate...especially since it's clear it was about the workplace environment.

Actually parts of that meeting I find a bit disturbing; like the fact of pointing out that they can't say anything due to not legally being allowed to and in the same breath.  Specifically this

Carefully consider what it says about the character of someone who would engage in that type of gossip against someone who has no power to defend themselves.

It's essentially Linus undercutting her character; and trying to imply that her accusations should be trusted..in an HR meeting that I'm assuming was spurred on by her accusations and the gossip of why she quit.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

1 minute ago, digitalscream said:

image.png.71c142326f7cac7bc8d53042b7d68b74.png

Oh, that Colin. Yeah, that makes the situation a bit worse, for sure. Still, he's just saying that it aligns with what she said to him at the time, and not that he saw it or suffered it, so it's not really a testimony or evidence.

16 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

In an HR meeting; where it's talking about people feeling safe and secure it's 100% inappropriate and something should have been said right then that it wasn't appropriate...especially since it's clear it was about the workplace environment.

Gasp! 

19 minutes ago, dwrecks said:

Witness testimony is one of the highest forms of evidence that exists. 

And so far there's Madison, Colin and David liking all her tweets. Along with a meeting exhibiting inappropriate behaviour.

So, no evidence. Gotcha.

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged comments, Please use multi-quote.

2 minutes ago, charliebros said:

The court will not be in her side because the recording doesn't confirm the allegations, if any, it will just show that she complained to RH way too late, meaning she didn't follow what she was supposed to be, plus, she said Linus didn't really knew much of anything.

Also, everybody says Colin confirmed everything, or generally, but he just said "sounds about right", and that he's happy everything is going to be scrutinize, so it just partially confirms it, which is to be seen with the audit.

Again, I hope everything Madison is true, because if the findings show that she's exaggerating or just untrue, it will tank her, and most worryingly, it will completely break her mental health, which from the likes of it, is already in a fine thread.

From what's gone around, the meeting the audio comes from happened because of a 3rd party exit interview with Madison. Which means there was some review after her interview and it was decided to have that meeting to make sure everyone knew how to go around reporting problems.

Which actually really hurts Madison's accusations, rather than helps them.

8 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Who's going to jail? At most, this would be a civil case.

But...the only evidence that will be available is corroborating witness testimony. In just a day, and with nobody from the company actively soliciting evidence, we've already had two people with first-hand knowledge support Madison's account - David by liking her Tweets, and Colin coming right out and saying it. How many more do you think there might be, now that the culture has actively changed at the company?

Just because someone shares someone else's views on a matter doesn't make it a crime or any breach of the law. Jesus Christ, how did you people graduate from schools? Small wonder North America goes to sht.

2 minutes ago, charliebros said:

The court will not be in her side because the recording doesn't confirm the allegations, if any, it will just show that she complained to RH way too late, meaning she didn't follow what she was supposed to be, plus, she said Linus didn't really knew much of anything.

Also, everybody says Colin confirmed everything, or generally, but he just said "sounds about right", and that he's happy everything is going to be scrutinize, so it just partially confirms it, which is to be seen with the audit.

Again, I hope everything Madison is true, because if the findings show that she's exaggerating or just untrue, it will tank her, and most worryingly, it will completely break her mental health, which from the likes of it, is already in a fine thread.

Many people here don't seem to understand that since something, whatever that was, happened  a penalty has to be given. It's simple as that. The Jury would just have to decide that penalty if it went to court.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

1 minute ago, avgvstvs said:

Oh, that Colin. Yeah, that makes the situation a bit worse, for sure. Still, he's just saying that it aligns with what she said to him at the time, and not that he saw it or suffered it, so it's not really a testimony or evidence.

No, you can re-read the message, he said that was about the same he heard back in the day, he did not said who he heard it from. Big difference.

Main System: 2 x Intel Xeon Platinum 8268, 384GB DDR4 2933 ECC, 2 x NVidia 2080 Ti FE, 2 x Samsung Enterprise 3.2TB NVME PCIe Gen.3x8 SSD, custom water cooling.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

"what I remember hearing"... so, second hand hearsay, minus the fact I'm pretty sure not reporting issues you know about isn't exactly a great sign of the quality of your testimony about second hand information. 

Hold on...so you're saying if people didn't report it at the time, then they can be ignored (even though the actual accusations are specifically about a culture that actively prevents reporting)? What, then, is the point of investigating at all?

So many people doing mental gymnastics to try to write this off, it'd actually be quite funny if it wasn't so serious.

2 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Actually parts of that meeting I find a bit disturbing; like the fact of pointing out that they can't say anything due to not legally being allowed to and in the same breath.  Specifically this

It's essentially Linus undercutting her character; and trying to imply that her accusations should be trusted..in an HR meeting that I'm assuming was spurred on by her accusations and the gossip of why she quit.

Him not able to tell is usual corporate stuff, as it's private information that the victim, Madison, may not give permission to spread. Sad, but that's how it works.

4 minutes ago, avgvstvs said:

So, she just told him the same story. It's getting worse. For her.

Just now, Kizune said:

No, you can re-read the message, he said that was about the same he heard back in the day, he did not said who he heard it from. Big difference.

It might be the language barrier (i'm obviously not a native english speaker) but i don't think i agree with you here, to me sounds like he is impling that he heard it from her, "when they were colleagues".

5 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Suggesting that she may have been considered an office loonie.

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Many people here don't seem to understand that since something, whatever that was, happened  a penalty has to be given. It's simple as that. The Jury would just have to decide that penalty if it went to court.

Not really, again, it's sad, but if this was the only "proof", the court will dismiss the case, as it would see that the "penalty" was given, that proper action was taken, is the 3rd party audit that's actually gonna say if indeed everything was followed or not, and if it isn't, then it can be brought to court, something that's even a remote possibility, as this very rarely gets to court.

7 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

Just because someone shares someone else's views on a matter doesn't make it a crime or any breach of the law. Jesus Christ, how did you people graduate from schools? Small wonder North America goes to sht.

I haven't actually said it's a crime, or a breach of the law, or anything like that. In fact, I'm one of the few not jumping to "ZOMG IT'S GOING TO COURT", because the whole point of this is that it won't.

And I'm not from North America.

But think about what you're saying for a moment. LMG are putting a shit-ton of effort and money into investigating this, looking specifically for people who share Madison's view on this matter, because that's the whole damn point and the only way this can be done - those people sharing her view of what went down are the only and most important evidence of wrongdoing at the company.

Funny how you've switched from "she's lying, they won't find any evidence" to "meh, doesn't matter if they do find evidence, it's just a bunch of people agreeing with each other". How much will your goalposts shift tomorrow, or the day after, or...?

Edited by SansVarnic

8 minutes ago, charliebros said:

I'd rather the facts show who is guilty and who is not over worrying about someone's feelings, especially someone who you've most likely never met. If she has proof that everything she said true then it helps her case. If she doesn't and just wants to continue throwing until it sticks and nothing ends up sticking...unlucky.

3 minutes ago, mikaelus said:

So, she just told him the same story. It's getting worse. For her.

Not really, it actually helps her because it means that she didn't change the story, it re-affirms it. But again, as he wasn't an actual witness, he really cannot do more than support her.

9 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

I haven't actually said it's a crime, or a breach of the law, or anything like that. In fact, I'm one of the few not jumping to "ZOMG IT'S GOING TO COURT", because the whole point of this is that it won't.

And I'm not from North America.

But think about what you're saying for a moment. LMG are putting a shit-ton of effort and money into investigating this, looking specifically for people who share Madison's view on this matter, because that's the whole damn point and the only way this can be done - those people sharing her view of what went down are the only and most important evidence of wrongdoing at the company.

Funny how you've switched from "she's lying, they won't find any evidence" to "meh, doesn't matter if they do find evidence, it's just a bunch of people agreeing with each other".

Because it's not evidence. One guy liking her Tweets and another just saying she told him that when they worked together. Fckin' hell.

In fact, it doesn't matter how many people agree with anything, it's still not evidence.

8 minutes ago, charliebros said:

Not really, it actually helps her because it means that she didn't change the story, it re-affirms it. But again, as he wasn't an actual witness, he really cannot do more than support her.

It does hurt her because she has zero witnesses. She just kept telling stories to people. 

Edited by SansVarnic

1 minute ago, charliebros said:

Not really, again, it's sad, but if this was the only "proof", the court will dismiss the case, as it would see that the "penalty" was given, that proper action was taken, is the 3rd party audit that's actually gonna say if indeed everything was followed or not, and if it isn't, then it can be brought to court, something that's even a remote possibility, as this very rarely gets to court.

No, it was not just verbal harassement, she said that she was touched without consent, that's a felony in Canada as another user said. If it happened, the penalty was definitely not given.

2 minutes ago, digitalscream said:

Hold on...so you're saying if people didn't report it at the time, then they can be ignored (even though the actual accusations are specifically about a culture that actively prevents reporting)? What, then, is the point of investigating at all?

So many people doing mental gymnastics to try to write this off, it'd actually be quite funny if it wasn't so serious.

I have no clue what position Colin was in at the company.  But, two things. First, "Oh yeah, I heard there's sexual harassment going on, but I did nothing!" is a PR move I'd never in my life want to make. Second, if he was any management position in the company at the time, he had a legal requirement under Canadian employment law to address the situation. Again, not something I would want to publicly state, but I don't know if he had a management role.

There's a reason hearsay isn't admissible evidence. But it works great for making a Narrative by Tweets.

1 minute ago, KOAO said:

I'd rather the facts show who is guilty and who is not over worrying about someone's feelings, especially someone who you've most likely never met. If she has proof that everything she said true then it helps her case. If she doesn't and just wants to continue throwing until it sticks and nothing ends up sticking...unlucky.

I've worked with people in mental distress, my boyfriend one of them, while they may spew lies, it doesn't annul that she FELT that, and seems a few people agreed that yeah, LMG doesn't have the cleanest space. I wonder if Emily would comment about it, as her being trans, it can be quite telling how they reacted to it and how they treat her.

1 minute ago, charliebros said:

Nah, if something has happened in the workplace then they will investigate what has happened. Colin posted that he heard the same kind of things when they were colleagues. Done case.

Unfortunately things are looking bleak for LMG. No amount of defending here will matter if things escalate. The Jury are not robots, they have critical thinking and it's pretty obvious what's going on here. Linus didn't know, didn't care, flat out lied? Noone will care about that, they know something happened, it's over.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

Just now, mikaelus said:

Because it's not evidence. One guy liking her Tweets and another just saying she told him that when they worked together. Fckin' hell.

In fact, it doesn't matter how many people agree with anything, it's still not evidence.

It actually does, because those people are now going to be contacted immediately by LMG and the third-party investigator to get the actual detail. Yesterday, there were no witnesses. Now there are two likely witnesses agreeing with her account. And yes, witnesses are evidence.

Just now, digitalscream said:

It actually does, because those people are now going to be contacted immediately by LMG and the third-party investigator to get the actual detail. Yesterday, there were no witnesses. Now there are two likely witnesses agreeing with her account. And yes, witnesses are evidence.

It seems that your missing the fact that hearing something from someone is not the same as being a witness.

2nd hand hearsay, a recording of a standard hr corporate meeting (if you're making something big of that audio you've never had a job), and a bunch of unverified claims from disgruntled ex-employees?

so no evidence of anything at all. cool story! super exciting! would read again! 10/10 IGN.