AMD rumoured to have cancelled top die Navi 4C due to complications and also Navi 4C diagram leaked

AlTech

I do wonder how much they will manage to chiplet design, also would they really omit ultra enthusiast tier.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

22 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

when Nvidia is about to launch their next lineup and RDNA 5 (possibly??). 

no, Nvidia is never going to launch RDNA 5.

Spoiler

sorry, had to! ¬‿¬

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Reveal hidden contents

sorry, had to! ¬‿¬

Lol yeah that came out weird. What I meant was that by the time Blackwell comes out and AMD's RDNA 5. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I mean that is one way to crush your competition I guess... usurp and become them haha

23 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I mean that is one way to crush your competition I guess... usurp and become them haha

would be funny yeah 😄 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I do wonder how much they will manage to chiplet design, also would they really omit ultra enthusiast tier.

For Navi 4? Yes, 2024 will be a year with AMD mildly iterating over the current flagships.

But they'll be back to Ultra Enthusiast Tier for Navi 5 in 2025.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Didn't AMD rob Intel's chipset names? xD

4 hours ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

Didn't AMD rob Intel's chipset names? xD

lol, actually AMD long operated as second source for Intel their peripheral chips. 🤣 Some they reverse engineered, but others were with Intel's blessing.

6 hours ago, AlTech said:

For Navi 4? Yes, 2024 will be a year with AMD mildly iterating over the current flagships.

But they'll be back to Ultra Enthusiast Tier for Navi 5 in 2025.

Hmm, year and a half or so before it, so it's interesting approach. Maybe they tried to scale it a lot and couldn't manage the working design in time.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 8/15/2023 at 4:13 AM, TempestCatto said:

It's funny how once you've built yourself a competent gaming pc that nothing new excites you as much until years later when you can financially justify spending that kind of money again. (holy run on sentence batman ._. )

Moreso the past generation has been just "meh". The rdna3 and hopper has been out for 10 months and I frankly don't see the point in this gen. The prices are shit and AMDs perf improvement is negligible while Nvidia'$ perf per dollar is somehow the literal same as previous generation. And nvidia or AMD doesn't care because they are busy raking in all that enterprise AI cash.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:46 PM, porina said:

Might be a topic for another thread, how does it compare to EMIB for example? 

On 8/15/2023 at 3:56 PM, leadeater said:

Would be another discussion yea, I honestly don't know enough. I just spent a little time looking and they seem to be very similar with TSMC's/Apple's CoWoS being the largest and high bandwidth application actually in usage. I think EMIB might actually have the edge in total possible bandwidth but both are updating every year or so getting better so which is best might change based on point in time you go looking. Intel is investing the most money in the technology, if only just a little bit more than TSMC.

Where would we actually put a thread like that? Still stuck at home for another two weeks until the cast comes off, so I could actually start writing an overview of sorts.

15 minutes ago, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

Where would we actually put a thread like that? Still stuck at home for another two weeks until the cast comes off, so I could actually start writing an overview of sorts.

🤷‍♂️

CPUs, Motherboards and Memory or General Discussion

On 8/14/2023 at 3:43 PM, TempestCatto said:

It's funny how once you've built yourself a competent gaming pc that nothing new excites you as much until years later when you can financially justify spending that kind of money again. (holy run on sentence batman ._. )

Depends on how obsessive you are. 

I'm more excited about tech info than I am about getting stuff. My desktop isn't even plugged in right now. 

I'm VERY tempted to throw some $$$ at getting a new CPU + Board + RAM right now. A $400 12900k+board+RAM combo is like a 2x speed up in MT performance and a 50% boost in ST over my current stuff.

I'm obsessively checking this stuff. I'm TRYING to convince myself to wait until Zen 5. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800