DeepCool LS520 AIO Cooler VS Peerless Assassin 120

Codrelan

Hello, I currently have the Peerless Assassin 120 air cooler and want better temperatures, is the DeepCool LS520 AIO going to result in that or is it not going to help?

I am getting up to 82 C on some of my p-cores on cinebench r23 but in games it seems to be fine, should I be worried?

I run at 5GHz on my i5 13600k

I reckon you'll need to go bigger than a 240 aio to get better temps than the  Peerless Assassin.

18 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

I reckon you'll need to go bigger than a 240 aio to get better temps than the  Peerless Assassin.

Any recommendation?

2 minutes ago, Codrelan said:

Any recommendation?

Do you use a contact frame with your 13600k?  If not i'd give one of those a go with some good thermal paste first before stumping up for a new cooler.

2 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Do you use a contact frame with your 13600k?  If not i'd give one of those a go with some good thermal paste first before stumping up for a new cooler.

I don't and I wouldn't know which one to buy

Just now, Codrelan said:

I don't

Your current temps are actually fine but the contact frame should shave off a couple of degrees for not a lot of money.

1 hour ago, glenalz81 said:

Your current temps are actually fine but the contact frame should shave off a couple of degrees for not a lot of money.

Could I still get an answer regarding aio coolers and maybe a link for a cpu contact frame?

Also, temperatures are only around 65 c at full load in OCCT Large and Medium dataset, is Cinebench higher than I would expect with games because from what I've heard it's like Prime95 and stresses your PC out more than games usually would

PA120(SE) is good, but really, its just a budget cooler. Look to PS120(SE) or FC140.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

20 minutes ago, freeagent said:

PA120(SE) is good, but really, its just a budget cooler. Look to PS120(SE) or FC140.

I'm looking for aio coolers specifically because I know water cooling in general will be more effective.

What about the DeepCool LT720?

Just now, Codrelan said:

I'm looking for aio coolers specifically because I know water cooling in general will be more effective.

It really depends on a lot of things, I would strongly dispute that, but I am tired today.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

82c is fine. No need to upgrade. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, glenalz81 said:

What about DeepCool LT720?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

82c is fine. No need to upgrade. 

It can get up to 87 actually in Cinebench, but OCCT it stays around 65 on large and medium dataset. I plan on upgrading my GPU in the future and I can only assume this will become worse then which is why I am looking into it.

Just now, Codrelan said:

It can get up to 87 actually in Cinebench, but OCCT it stays around 65 on large and medium dataset. I plan on upgrading my GPU in the future and I can only assume this will become worse then which is why I am looking into it.

What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's the system being used for?

Video games

3 hours ago, Codrelan said:

Video games

If gaming temps are lower than those in Cinebench or OCCT, that's fine. There's no need to upgrade. 

15 hours ago, Codrelan said:

Hello, I currently have the Peerless Assassin 120 air cooler and want better temperatures, is the DeepCool LS520 AIO going to result in that or is it not going to help?

I am getting up to 82 C on some of my p-cores on cinebench r23 but in games it seems to be fine, should I be worried?

I run at 5GHz on my i5 13600k

same shit different night, it'll be like 1-3 at best.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

13 hours ago, Codrelan said:

What about DeepCool LT720?

The LS has argb fans, the LT does not. Otherwise, not much difference. Both are very capable. Are you playing AAA games or just regular stuff? Are the fans more like Minecraft, Masquerade, or something else,  or a variety?

As stated your PC doesn't run hot enough to warrant an AIO, unless you just want it to run cooler, which is fine. The PA120 is great and very similar to the FC140 (which is much louder), and the PS120, both of which perform a bit better. If you don't care about noise, get whichever you like. If you can get the PS cheaper than the PA, I'd do that. 

Changing to an AIO because you're getting a new GC isn't really going to help. If you want both temps to drop, you'd need a custom loop, or a loop for just the GC.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

21 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

No 

but 82c under stress test = no need to change it out