US Monitor Safe to Plug into EU Plugs?

Kumora

I'm a Danish resident who made a mistake by ordering a monitor from Amazon without seeing the warning about electrical products being designed for US plugs. Unfortunately, I only realized this when the package was already in transit, so I can no longer cancel the order. My question is, would it be safe to simply get a "US to EU" adapter plug and plug it into that? Without changing the voltage?

The monitor in question: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09R26XXFW?th=1

Acer Nitro XV272U V

I couldn't find the voltage on the Amazon page, but on the product page on Acer's own website, they've listed the input voltage like this:
120 V AC

230 V AC

Acer's product page for reference: https://www.acer.com/ca-en/monitors/gaming/nitro-xv2/pdp/UM.HX2AA.V02

Hope you can help me get some clarity on this!

Thanks

EDIT: For anyone stumbling upon this thread and maybe has the same issue, yes, everything worked out fine with just using a regular US to EU adapter plug. There wasn't any need to get a voltage converter!

i'd assume the cord is removable, and you can just plug an EU cord in there.

but if not - yes.. just get an adapter.

47 minutes ago, Kumora said:

Great, thanks for the help!

All power supplies including those for monitors should include an input voltage range that's visible externally to the unit. That'll usually be 110Vac-230Vac but could be 100Vac to 240Vac, and the cable is usually modular where you can simply use another standard ATX cable. If its using an external power supply, then simply looking at the adapter. If its an internal power supply, it should be printed somewhere what the input voltage is on the outside of the chassis since I believe its a legal requirement to do so.

Basically any electronic item should have its listed voltage input, whether that's DC or AC, including any included external power supplies. You should be able to determine the input and output voltage, if applicable on the device's information which I believe is legally binding.

A solar only device however doesn't require a lumen or candella rating for its power source unlike electrically powered devices.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, Agall said:

All power supplies including those for monitors should include an input voltage range that's visible externally to the unit. That'll usually be 110Vac-230Vac but could be 100Vac to 240Vac, and the cable is usually modular where you can simply use another standard ATX cable. If its using an external power supply, then simply looking at the adapter. If its an internal power supply, it should be printed somewhere what the input voltage is on the outside of the chassis since I believe its a legal requirement to do so.

Basically any electronic item should have its listed voltage input, whether that's DC or AC, including any included external power supplies. You should be able to determine the input and output voltage, if applicable on the device's information which I believe is legally binding.

A solar only device however doesn't require a lumen or candella rating for its power source unlike electrically powered devices.

Thanks for the info! Once it arrives I'll be sure to take a look at the power supply to determine the voltage.

i am going to say yes and no because honestly i dont know. ALL products like computers, phones, TVs, microwaves and other small appliances like these run on 120V AC, big appliances like washing machines, refrigerators, stoves and others run on 240v Ac here in the US. i know the standard in the UK and most other countries is that 240V runs everything so i can not say it with certainty that it will work. i would look into getting a surge protector and an US to EU converter kit of course.