Is a clean installation the best option to fix this? Asus TUF A15 FA507NV

Newblesse Obblige

My 3 week old laptop (Asus TUF A15 FA507NV) kept on BSOD whenever I play for around 30 miniutes to 1 hour. I have already updated the drivers and Windows 11 to its latest version, reinstalled the latest and older drivers (of course these were done separately) with DDU, repaired its IMG, did CHKDSK and sfc scan, and etc,. 

At this point I already gave up so should I just reinstall windows and have a clean installation? 

These are the BSOD dump reports:

Screenshot2023-08-08004723.png.d55e0c838c69662900f1ce5283ee3075.png

Screenshot2023-08-08004707.png.81b6c88d43e71a27cdc54104d0fda485.png

Screenshot2023-08-08004647.png.e74dd1a2d583c58c4a8b33e78b523aec.png

Screenshot2023-08-08004737.png.9b894a0af2d38f6a6d33b2aa83410655.png

4 minutes ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

My 3 week old laptop (Asus TUF A15 FA507NV) kept on BSOD whenever I play for around 30 miniutes to 1 hour. I have aleardy updated the drivers and Windows 11 to its latest uversion, reinstalled the latest and older drivers (of course these were done separately) with DDU, repaired its IMG, did CHKDSK and sfc scan, and etc,. 

At this point I already gave up so should I just reinstall windows and have a clean installation? 

These are the BSOD dump reports:

Screenshot2023-08-08004723.png.d55e0c838c69662900f1ce5283ee3075.png

Screenshot2023-08-08004707.png.81b6c88d43e71a27cdc54104d0fda485.png

Screenshot2023-08-08004647.png.e74dd1a2d583c58c4a8b33e78b523aec.png

Screenshot2023-08-08004737.png.9b894a0af2d38f6a6d33b2aa83410655.png

Worth a shot, check if doing that voids the warranty though. It shouldn't BSOD like this if its 3 weeks old ( Or any age really.. )   I would RMA it, maybe there are some faults with some components.

24 minutes ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

did CHKDSK and sfc scan, and etc

Just wanna confirm, have you try to check via CMD?

Usually with command:
dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth

ntoskrnl.exe error has a lot of cause

Let's start from the easy one, have you recently install some program before BSOD starts occur on your laptop?

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

17 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Worth a shot, check if doing that voids the warranty though. It shouldn't BSOD like this if its 3 weeks old ( Or any age really.. )   I would RMA it, maybe there are some faults with some components.

RMA is a pain in the ass in my country and I already wasted the 7-day store warranty so I can't replace it. I didn't have the opportunity to utilize that store warranty because I really need a PC to do my school works and I don't have a PC other than this laptop. Probably I should go to the service center to fix this?

Just now, ImWilly said:

Usually with command:

I'll try that later. Its midnight here lmao

2 minutes ago, ImWilly said:

ntoskrnl.exe error has a lot of cause

Let's start from the easy one, have you recently install some program before BSOD starts occur on your laptop?

I don't remember but I think so because I just finished resetting Windows 11 with files intact option and installed the apps I needed right after. I think it was a Ninite installer?

I have posted a Troubleshooting thread a few days ago with a similar problem and it had the older dump files but they didn't have the bluescreenview screenshot because I just found out about the app. All of those probably have the same cause.

5 hours ago, ImWilly said:

Usually with command:

Apparently yes, I already did this. I just didn't remember because I used Wintoys app to do it for me(I didn't manually typed it on Powershell)

11 hours ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

I think it was a Ninite installer?

Well, there's is a possibility, but not likely the cause

Although Windows does a good job on keeping updates for most thing, except for third party app like WinRar, 7-Zip, VLC, etc

And shouldn't Asus has their own proprietary software to control RGB and updates as well (not for WinRar, 7-Zip, VLC, etc though)?  

6 hours ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

Apparently yes, I already did this. I just didn't remember because I used Wintoys app to do it for me(I didn't manually typed it on Powershell)

Well then, if running CMD and ensure no conflicting apps installed doesn't fix it, you can try "Windows Memory Diagnostic"

When I just finished on my PC build, it does BSOD with no clear reason and I haven't install app to analyse it. After running the memory diagnostic app, letting my PC restart and run for some time, the BSOD is no longer happened

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

3 hours ago, ImWilly said:

And shouldn't Asus has their own proprietary software to control RGB and updates as well (not for WinRar, 7-Zip, VLC, etc though)?  

Yes, Armory Crate is the Asus software for that stuff.

@Newblesse Obblige make sure you check Armory Crate, and verify it's actually updated everything.

image.thumb.png.a4cc7f1cbbb3a50e287cee58f8ec7164.png

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

2 hours ago, ImWilly said:

Well then, if running CMD and ensure no conflicting apps installed doesn't fix it, you can try "Windows Memory Diagnostic"

When I just finished on my PC build, it does BSOD with no clear reason and I haven't install app to analyse it. After running the memory diagnostic app, letting my PC restart and run for some time, the BSOD is no longer happened

I also did this but the standard test. Should do the extended one? How do you set it up?

2 hours ago, problemsolver said:

Yes, Armory Crate is the Asus software for that stuff.

@Newblesse Obblige make sure you check Armory Crate, and verify its actually updated everything.

image.thumb.png.a4cc7f1cbbb3a50e287cee58f8ec7164.png

ill try it. But also it still happened before. I made sure everything is updated before my second reset.

12 minutes ago, Newblesse Obblige said:

I also did this but the standard test. Should do the extended one? How do you set it up?

It was a fresh Windows 11 clean install, but I had a random BSOD 

I only did the standard one though, then followed with CMD:

and the problem is fixed

Since you have it done by scanning and repair through WinToys (should have no difference doing directly at CMD or via WinToys), I'm kinda out of idea

If doing that doesn't work, I think it's either some hardware internal issue (older laptop sometimes has this problem because of loose SATA cable, but since your laptop is using NVME drive, it shouldn't be the case) or just a bad luck with bad windows installed

Hopefully, if there are still no better solution, a clean fresh install might just be the solution

Phone: