Looking to semi-automate my garden, ideas/help?

ItTakes2ToMango

My partner and I have recently started our garden, planting herbs, veggies, and flowers. I have a passion for automation, and I'm keen on automating tasks there too. Here are my initial ideas:

1. Automated Watering: I'm considering misting stations, like those in grocery stores, for my propagation station and possibly more advanced setups for mature plants. Controlling water amounts per plant and even soil water level measurement are factors I still have to figure out.

2. Soil pH Monitoring: I've read about others doing this, and honestly I'm not too sure how useful it even is. Still a beginner green thumb

While there could be more possibilities, I can't think of any at the moment. Welcome to suggestions!

My main concerns arise from my lack of knowledge about pumping water, tubing, plumbing, and such. This brings me to some questions I'm hoping someone might shed some light on:

1. System Management: Should I be creating a live system, connected to my home network for management or should something simpler that I can set and forget suffice?

2. Tubing and Mobility: What tubing and connector considerations should I keep in mind? Ideally, I'd like the option to relocate the setup if needed.

3. Corrosion Concerns: I've got chains and various, small accessories all made from aluminum/stainless steel (as far as I'm aware) for hanging plants. Could these pose any corrosion issues?

My plan includes documenting my project's progress and sharing before, middle, and after photos of my garden station(s). This initial post aims to gather crucial information before I create my first draft plan. Please, if you have any suggestions or concerns before I start this project, let me know!

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage