LTX 2023 (I think I bought to much)

Gecko

So while at LTX they had some really cool things like the Custom screw driver and I was able to hold the up and coming clear screw driver.

That being said it was long but I think worth it. I also go a stubby or 2 ish lol.
I got 2 backpacks one for work and one for travel and a new water bottle.

I was a bit bummed as they did not have pins or lanyards for some reason as well and the cargo shorts and waffle hoodie.

One note about the screw driver I was able to bring on board the screwdrivers in my  hand luggage with no problems. I had 6 screwdrivers and 4 stubby's no problem with my hand luggage without a problem.

I also one a AverMeida Livee Streaer Nexus that was cool and a RGB Mouse mat that I asked the LMG give the gaming mat away to someone at the end of LTX.

So who ever ended up with the mouse mat enjoy!

363483538_304760701947178_190194263618084508_n.jpg

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

12 hours ago, Gecko said:

One note about the screw driver I was able to bring on board the screwdrivers in my  hand luggage with no problems. I had 6 screwdrivers and 4 stubby's no problem with my hand luggage without a problem.

So, just to reiterate Transport Canada's rules:

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/aviation-security/what-you-can-t-bring-plane

What you can’t bring on a plane

4. Tools that could cause serious injury or threaten the safety of aircraft, like:

tools with shafts longer than 6 cm (not including the handle) that could be used as a weapon, like screwdrivers and chisels

The full length screwdriver is absolutely not allowed in your carry-on.  I'm not disputing that you managed to do so but it's important to make it clear that you should not have been allowed to do so and that you 'Got Lucky'.  Your posting that you took the screw drivers in your carry-on 'With no problems' could mislead people who read it into thinking it is allowed when it's not.

You skirted the rules by accident but other people will probably not be as 'lucky' as you and you've not made that clear at all.

If someone is flying home from LTX in the future they should absolutely put any full length screwdrivers in their checked baggage or mail them home.  There's even a Canada Post outlet in the Vancouver airport before you pass through security if you need to do so at the last moment.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

Sometimes there rules and enforcement of them seem super random. On the way up I took my laptop out of my bag for security but left my extra monitor in the bag and got flagged because I didn't take out the monitor. Then on the way back, I took out both and both got flagged for further inspection (they didn't say why). But they didn't care that I was bringing back a tone of dried seaweed snacks (can't find it in my area).

As for buying to much. The only merch I got was one of the LTX exclusive desk pads which I still feel was overpriced at $40 but I really like the dinosaur design 😛

I did try out one of the screwdrivers while I was there, it still doesn't make sense to me but I have yet to find a ratcheting screwdriver or a method of bit storage in the handle that I do like 🤷‍♂️.

4 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

So, just to reiterate Transport Canada's rules:

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/aviation-security/what-you-can-t-bring-plane

The full length screwdriver is absolutely not allowed in your carry-on.  I'm not disputing that you managed to do so but it's important to make it clear that you should not have been allowed to do so and that you 'Got Lucky'.  Your posting that you took the screw drivers in your carry-on 'With no problems' could mislead people who read it into thinking it is allowed when it's not.

You skirted the rules by accident but other people will probably not be as 'lucky' as you and you've not made that clear at all.

If someone is flying home from LTX in the future they should absolutely put any full length screwdrivers in their checked baggage or mail them home.  There's even a Canada Post outlet in the Vancouver airport before you pass through security if you need to do so at the last moment.

I went to them before checking my luggage and asked if I could bring it in my hand luggage and they confirmed and said yes to me from the management as long as the bit where checked

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

5 hours ago, Gecko said:

I went to them before checking my luggage and asked if I could bring it in my hand luggage and they confirmed and said yes to me from the management as long as the bit where checked

You must not be from America. They will 100% take it away if you are traveling to America.

6 minutes ago, BeefSupreme said:

You must not be from America. They will 100% take it away if you are traveling to America.

Actually it's not an American thing, Canada just doesn't like screwdrivers for some reason

oof.png