considering oven method for gpu

takithes

So, my GPU, amd rx 5700 xt decided to stop working fully, atm my diagnosis of the issue is the power cable slots or something around that, since the gpu slotted in with power the pc will not boot to windows or bios, but with just 1 of the 2 (either cable either way) is connected the gpu boots into windows just fine, but without video output, i havent seen any visible issues with the card so im just thinking of the oven mehthod as kind of a last straw, should i just send it or would there possibly be other stuff to do first? Also im guessing i need to take my waterblock off of the card before i stick in the oven right?

9 minutes ago, takithes said:

So, my GPU, amd rx 5700 xt decided to stop working fully, atm my diagnosis of the issue is the power cable slots or something around that, since the gpu slotted in with power the pc will not boot to windows or bios, but with just 1 of the 2 (either cable either way) is connected the gpu boots into windows just fine, but without video output, i havent seen any visible issues with the card so im just thinking of the oven mehthod as kind of a last straw, should i just send it or would there possibly be other stuff to do first? Also im guessing i need to take my waterblock off of the card before i stick in the oven right?

remove as much as possible. ONLY the PCB and the CPU die itself.  Oven method might work but its not a long term solution, it WILL fail after a while even if it works right after being in the oven.  However, this can be a week or 7 months from now.