Is CeX UK a good website?

I usually try not to purchase used things, i just never felt comfortable and i was always terribly afraid that i was either gonna get scammed or something wouldn't work, so i usually stick with new only. However i was looking at CeX for unrelated things and saw the prices on graphics cards being quite reasonable and i was thinking of giving it a try since they offer a 24 month warranty, has anyone had to deal with their customer support and be able to tell their experience? 

From what I am seeing in @AlTechs status updates, they aren’t bad as far as used device resellers/refurbishers go.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If you can find a graphics card you want in a local CeX, being able to take it back you the store you bought it from should improve your odds of getting good support if it's faulty.

2 hours ago, Sirmonas_ said:

I usually try not to purchase used things, i just never felt comfortable and i was always terribly afraid that i was either gonna get scammed or something wouldn't work, so i usually stick with new only. However i was looking at CeX for unrelated things and saw the prices on graphics cards being quite reasonable and i was thinking of giving it a try since they offer a 24 month warranty, has anyone had to deal with their customer support and be able to tell their experience? 

I've bought used RAM from CeX a few times. One time the RAM died and I returned it within their warranty period. They gave me a voucher for the current value of the RAM and I was able to buy replacement RAM from them though you can spend the voucher on anything else from CeX.

This is their policy for anything that's not consumable I.e. anything besides some of their weird powdered energy drinks they sell.

So if you buy a GPU from them and it develops a major fault like lines on the screen or dies you'd be able to take it back to CeX and they'd give you a voucher for the current WeSell price of the item.

They may not necessarily take your word for it, I think they do test to see if something is actually broken but if it is they'll reimburse you the current WeSell price.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

18 hours ago, Nitro TNT said:

The 24 month warranty is good BUT....

Half the time in store they have no effing idea what they are talking about and have very basic knowledge about the stuff... they talk to you in store like they know everything half the time and that you, the customer are thick af and know nothing.... I have bought online 2 CPU's from them...

Their sales people are not IT professionals. They're people who may have a passion for tech or gaming and work there.

Perhaps the store near you treats customers rudely but I've never had that experience. If anything, in my experience the CeX staff have been more than happy to admit when they don't know something and encourage customers to check online.

1 was an AMD FX-8350 > CPU came in the most stupid packaging, was a brown paper bag folder many times, was not well protected and the CPU had bent pins... either from the packaging, when it was sold to them, or the person packing the order bent them...

If you handle enough used inventory, you'll eventually run into defective products. It happens. It's how they deal with it that matters.

And the other was an AMD Ryzen 3800X > again not good enough packaging to protect the CPU, the packaging used am surprised didn't crush the CPU pins and again was wrapped in brown paper bag and there was thermal compound all over the CPU including the pins which i had to clean myself.

They have experience shipping CPUs. Presumably they don't break a ton of CPUs they sent to customers cos it would be bad for business.

Their prices from second hand stuff is stupidly high some things are sold a near new prices and is a rip off while ripping you off on price when you sell things to them...

They offer a convenient way to get rid of things that might cost you money to get rid of on eBay.

Sometimes selling on eBay is more profitable but you're getting charged eBay fees and sometimes items don't sell for weeks or ever. CeX are willing to buy any item they list a WeBuy price for so long as it meets their standards and grading requirements.

Are you losing some value by not selling it yourself on eBay? Yes. But often it can be worth it if you don't have an eBay Account set up or one with limited feedback.

eg. a Samsung EVO 500GB 2.5 SSD used is £35 from them... the same SSD brand new on Amazon you can get it for £39.99.... CeX rip you off.

That's not ripping you off.

Amazon may not give you a 2 year warranty on a used SSD.

CeX don't update their prices as frequently as Amazon do . Amazon updates prices multiples times per day if not per hour.

CeX prices are determined by their pricing team which update the prices often weekly or even multiple times within a week.

If a price stays the same for a few weeks it means they're happy with the price.

I bought 1 CPU got a damaged product.. a few years later I thought na they have to have changed... nope.. will never buy anything from them ever again...

If you sell enough used CPUs eventually one of them will be defective. It happens.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

If you can find a graphics card you want in a local CeX, being able to take it back you the store you bought it from should improve your odds of getting good support if it's faulty.

Partially true but distance selling in the UK by buying online would give OP a 14 day return policy.

So if the GPU's a dud or the OP changes his/her mind it provides more flexibility.

Thank you so much everyone who replied, but i found the same part on amazon for only £20 and its brand new, i'd rather have a new graphics card from amazon than a used one since the price difference is only £20.