Custom Screwdrivers LTX - Airline Travelers

Lurick

A statement and a question on the custom screwdriver build thingy.

1) Make sure to check airplane regulations for those flying for what tools you're allowed to take in carry-on vs checked luggage and the dimensions. I know for people in the US it's 7 inches end to end for carry-on so be careful! The standard screwdriver is about 8.5 inches (215mm) end to end so don't put it in carry-on unless you want to lose it!

2) Will there be an option/box for the screwdriver available so maybe some of us who want to not deal with the hassle of airplane security could ship it back if we're so inclined?

Not saying we need shipping boxes but just the standard packaging so it would be easier to take to a shipping place nearby for boxing and shipping.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I was able to bring on board the screwdrivers in my  hand luggage with no problems. I had 6 screwdrivers and 4 stubby's no problem with my hand luggage without a problem

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

11 hours ago, Gecko said:

I was able to bring on board the screwdrivers in my  hand luggage with no problems. I had 6 screwdrivers and 4 stubby's no problem with my hand luggage without a problem

That's wild. TSA says they'll confiscate any tools/screwdrivers/etc over 7" but maybe they guesstimated wrong on the scanner?

I saw several people say in the Discord they had to put theirs in checked baggage but that's kind of cool/scary you got through without an issue, lol

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 hours ago, Lurick said:

That's wild. TSA says they'll confiscate any tools/screwdrivers/etc over 7" but maybe they guesstimated wrong on the scanner?

I saw several people say in the Discord they had to put theirs in checked baggage but that's kind of cool/scary you got through without an issue, lol

yeah even more so when its 6 regular size and 4 stubby's lol

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

21 hours ago, Gecko said:

I found this to be true, but not with the LTT screwdriver. I shipped my custom colored screwdriver via Canada Post for ~$20 CAD. I didn't realize until I got home when I unpacked my carry-on bags that I flew with my cool new multitool I got while visiting. It definitely should have been confiscated. 

I guess it depends how well they're checking those baggage scanners. For my flight out of Miami, they swabbed all my electronics with some kind of bomb sniffer machine. For my flight back, all I got was a wave and goodbye.