Video/Photo/Audio free editing software?

What are now best free alternatives compared to paid ones?

I did a little research and these are results:

For video: DaVinci Resolve 18 - Is this a stable program? I found couple of cases of constant crashing.

For photo: GIMP or Darktable

For audio: Audacity - version before it was aquired by Muse. Current version has spyware?

Correct me if I am wrong...

Davinci Resolve is great. Yes, it may crash from time to time... Didn't happen to me yet, but ADOBE alternatives crash constantly too. 

Photopea (in browser)... Way better than GIMP

Audacity works fine for most people but it also can be annoying sometimes... Depends on what you do. I don't know anything about those spyware claims though. 

I agree with all the programs you listed, and I also recommend Kdenlive as a video editor. It has great tutorials on Youtube, is relatively easy to get working, and has been my favorite video editor for about a year. It's pretty similar to Sony Vegas Pro but is free and open-source. I tried using DaVinci Resolve a couple years ago, but it ended up being much more complex than I wanted and ran extremely slowly on older hardware.

GIMP and Darktable are both great. I mainly use GIMP for making video thumbnails and Darktable for editing photos from my DSLR camera.

Audacity has been my go-to for well over a decade - it's a bit weird to get used to but is very powerful. I also haven't heard anything about spyware claims.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

20 hours ago, WereCat said:

Photopea (in browser)... Way better than GIMP

Audacity works fine for most people but it also can be annoying sometimes... Depends on what you do. I don't know anything about those spyware claims though. 

I will use it on Laptop so Photopea seems little unpractical but I will look into it.

For Audicity opinions are divided:

17 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

GIMP and Darktable are both great. I mainly use GIMP for making video thumbnails and Darktable for editing photos from my DSLR camera.

So I need both of them? They don't do the same thing?

18 hours ago, VoidThinker said:

So I need both of them? They don't do the same thing?

It depends on what you're trying to do, although they both do mostly the same thing. Darktable is used for professional photo editing and correction while working with many photos (hundreds or thousands), and is most similar to Adobe Lightroom. GIMP is better for manipulating single images and is similar to Photoshop. I use it mainly for Youtube thumbnails, layering images on top of each other and adding text.

As an example, here are some images I've made with them:

Darktable: (This photo isn't amazing but I'm still learning)

MG_9872.thumb.jpg.beced1697ad7637ba5df402510fbbf92.jpg

GIMP: (From a video about playing music on stepper motors)

maxresdefault.thumb.webp.4f46abd9e3744a604b455b34306aa414.webp

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16