WIN 10 says my Firewall is turnded off? How to turn on?

RaputerXpert

I get messages at random times, even using MSFT software or playing a non MSFT game. Also can happen in text file, fire fox, paintshoppro.

I do have Advanced System Care.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

And how does one restart/reinstall the firewall?

Thanks a lot.

11 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

I get messages at random times, even using MSFT software or playing a non MSFT game. Also can happen in text file, fire fox, paintshoppro.

Have you tried clicking the message and look where it takes you?

Chances are it will take you to the firewall page, where you can enable it.

If that doesn't work, open Explorer and go to this:
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings

In there, you will be able to turn the firewall on again.

11 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

I do have Advanced System Care.

I have never heard of that program but quickly looked it up. Honestly, that program looks bad. I recommend you uninstall it.

It's a program that describes itself as "speeding up your computer, cleaning your PC and protecting your private data using AI". That's like four different alarm-bells in one sentence.

50 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Have you tried clicking the message and look where it takes you?

Chances are it will take you to the firewall page, where you can enable it.

If that doesn't work, open Explorer and go to this:
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings

In there, you will be able to turn the firewall on again.

I have never heard of that program but quickly looked it up. Honestly, that program looks bad. I recommend you uninstall it.

It's a program that describes itself as "speeding up your computer, cleaning your PC and protecting your private data using AI". That's like four different alarm-bells in one sentence.

I've used it for years because it has features all in one place. However, I could uninstall to see if this is an issue.

I wish I could find someone else with firewall problems and installed Advanced System Care.

Thanks

Never heard of Advanced system care. IMO i would use Windows Defender. Its gotten quite good. 

Go to here in control panel to turn firewall on / off: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings

Breaking things 1 day at a time

12 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Never heard of Advanced system care. IMO i would use Windows Defender. Its gotten quite good. 

Go to here in control panel to turn firewall on / off: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings, I can't find the 'System and Security' part.

Also, do you mean look via the WIN 10's search box or within control panel?

Thanks!!!

Just now, RaputerXpert said:

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Customize Settings, I can't find the 'System and Security' part.

Also, do you mean look via the WIN 10's search box or within control panel?

Thanks!!!

Within control panel. You should be able to paste that entire directory into the bar at the top of control panel and it should take you there.

Alternatively, sort control panel by category. Click on System and Security (Top left). Below Windows Defender Firewall, click Check Firewall Status. This should let you enable or disable

8 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Within control panel. You should be able to paste that entire directory into the bar at the top of control panel and it should take you there.

Alternatively, sort control panel by category. Click on System and Security (Top left). Below Windows Defender Firewall, click Check Firewall Status. This should let you enable or disable

Well after all of that I must have a Virus or something since nothing you suggested was even possible to try. I guess next step is disabling or uninstall that software?

Thanks for your help and attention.🤔

7 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

Well after all of that I must have a Virus or something since nothing you suggested was even possible to try. I guess next step is disabling or uninstall that software?

Why were you not able to do it?

What happened when you tried to go to that page in the control panel?

22 hours ago, RaputerXpert said:

Weird. You could try and run Tron script if you wanted. https://github.com/bmrf/tron