Intel® Core™ i7-4770K vs. Intel® Core™ i7-4790K

Yes. Its EXACTLY THE SAME DIE. Up to the transitor level...

Good luck with a devils canyon die in a 8-series board

http://www.legitreviews.com/hands-on-with-devils-canyon-intel-haswell-refresh_137746

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Good luck with a devils canyon die in a 8-series board

http://www.legitreviews.com/hands-on-with-devils-canyon-intel-haswell-refresh_137746

this is a software limitation imposed by intel. remember intel also imposing a limitation on overclocking on H chipset? and many mobo makers still allowed it in bios.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

this is a software limitation imposed by intel. remember intel also imposing a limitation on overclocking on H chipset? and many mobo makers still allowed it in bios.

I guess we will see then :D

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I guess we will see then :D

well normal refresh is confirmed to work on 8series so...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Its a damn refresh people no difference and i don't believe the "higher" overclock intel's sides say really intel has forgotten us overclocks since ivy

Hey Devil's Canyon people. Will there be a 4930K 6-core version and will it run on the current LGA 2011 mobos?

Dont upgrade you will have to get a new mobo and its only 3.6ghz stock instead of 3.5ghz

you are wrong here! The base clock of 4790K is 4.0 GHz and 4.4 GHz boost. 4790K is worth if you can find a good cooling for it....

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Hey Devil's Canyon people. Will there be a 4930K 6-core version and will it run on the current LGA 2011 mobos?

there already is that exact procesor. if however you mean a 5930k, that is roumored to either be a 8core like the extreme edition will be, or still a 6core, but using the haswell architecture. it will deffinately be running on LGA2011-3 (not compatible with normal LGA2011) and will be supported by X99 chipset and DDR4 RAM.