Shipping in Canada - Who the heck is "Wizmo" and how do they deliver?

savagemadman

What should I be expecting in terms of delivery? I was originally anticipating a Canada Post shipment.

I'm someone who lives in a condo and have literally no way of receiving parcels from anyone other than Canada Post outside of evenings and weekends. UPS, Fedex, and Purolator at least have pickup locations. No-name couriers are lost causes and *will* result in the parcel bouncing back or getting abandoned/stolen.

It's possible that the parcel goes from LTTstore to a distribution center near you with one company, and the last mile is done with another.. which if you'd have looked at wizmo's website appears to be the case:

https://shipwizmo.com/

they have a logo block of last mile carriers, listing UPS, fedex, DHL, ontrac, USPS, CSM worldwide, metroland, pitney bowers, canada post, lasershp, asendia, fleetoptics, and purolator.

It's a B2C logistics company.  In my case, they've forwarded shipments to Canada Post to be delivered to my work (GVA.)  Your location may be different for the last mile delivery service, depending on what courier coverage looks like in your area, but chances are pretty good it'll be Canada Post.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

Wizmo doesn't deliver to you.
They hand it to a different carrier for that.

IE My package is getting delivered by UPS.

Turned out to be a no-name courier, probably independent contractors working off an app considering they were delivering out of a mid-90s Jeep.

Fortunately they came by at 1800hrs rather than the usual 1300hrs.

Dont think I'll risk another order. Would be nice if they let us pick things up considering I'm only about 4 blocks northwest of the return address in Richmond.