A New Gaming PC Build (Under 1.5 - 1.7k $)

Done, Samsung it is then!

Very nice! Thats quite a computer that you have selected. You should do a build log!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Very nice! Thats quite a computer that you have selected. You should do a build log!

I will build it in first or second week of this June, after finalizing everything, am still collecting  a little more money, so maybe I'll go with the liquid processor cooler...

Maybe like Corsair H80i or Corsair H100i?

or if any other, then your suggestions are welcome.

I won't have problem with my high profile RAMs too...

and it would keep my processor cooler in this damn heat here in India.

PS. What's build log? the one on my profile, to show my build? (Sorry for this n00b question)

I will build it in first or second week of this June, after finalizing everything, am still collecting  a little more money, so maybe I'll go with the liquid processor cooler...

Maybe like Corsair H80i or Corsair H100i?

or if any other, then your suggestions are welcome.

I won't have problem with my high profile RAMs too...

and it would keep my processor cooler in this damn heat here in India.

PS. What's build log? the one on my profile, to show my build? (Sorry for this n00b question)

Here is the Build Log section of the forum.  You basically take pictures and show us you building your computer component by component, its a lot of fun to see people go from New Builds and Planning to Build Log.

If you haven't purchased your motherboard and CPU yet, you could wait for the new Intel Processors that are supposed to be available June 2nd.  Maybe not in India though, I hope they would be...  Maybe towards the end of June.  The performance difference is not going to be much, the main difference is supposed to be that Devil's Canyon Overclocks better.  If you can't wait or they aren't released yet, don't worry.  Buy a Z97 motherboard though so that you can make the upgrade to Devil's Canyon and then Broadwell in 2015/2016.  They cost about the same as the Z87 variants.  The Asus Z97-A is a very nice motherboard that you should look into.

If you are going to go water cooling, go H100i.  It is noisy, but is one of the best water cooling options around, because of the heat in your country, water cooling might be necessary.. You can reduce the noise by buying some high performance fans.  Ask in the Water Cooling section what fans you should get to pair with the H100i.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Here is the Build Log section of the forum.  You basically take pictures and show us you building your computer component by component, its a lot of fun to see people go from New Builds and Planning to Build Log.

If you haven't purchased your motherboard and CPU yet, you could wait for the new Intel Processors that are supposed to be available June 2nd.  Maybe not in India though, I hope they would be...  Maybe towards the end of June.  The performance difference is not going to be much, the main difference is supposed to be that Devil's Canyon Overclocks better.  If you can't wait or they aren't released yet, don't worry.  Buy a Z97 motherboard though so that you can make the upgrade to Devil's Canyon and then Broadwell in 2015/2016.  They cost about the same as the Z87 variants.  The Asus Z97-A is a very nice motherboard that you should look into.

If you are going to go water cooling, go H100i.  It is noisy, but is one of the best water cooling options around, because of the heat in your country, water cooling might be necessary.. You can reduce the noise by buying some high performance fans.  Ask in the Water Cooling section what fans you should get to pair with the H100i.

Okay, sir, One thing...a guy just suggested me this Z97 motherboard that is really cheap and says its really good one in the price :- MSI Z97 GAMING 3 Motherboard.

The thing is, on MSI's official site, it says :-

This.

"Multi-GPU

• Supports 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ Technology*

* Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. "

So, I was asking, as it only says "AMD CrossFire" does that mean NVIDIA SLI won't be possible on this board?

Its just me getting confused as there isn't anything mentioned about NVIDIA/NVIDIA SLI on this page, since am going with NVIDIA GTX 780 and I can SLI 780/780Ti or some other NVIDIA card in future.

Okay, sir, One thing...a guy just suggested me this Z97 motherboard that is really cheap and says its really good one in the price :- MSI Z97 GAMING 3 Motherboard.

The thing is, on MSI's official site, it says :-

This.

"Multi-GPU

• Supports 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ Technology*

* Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. "

So, I was asking, as it only says "AMD CrossFire" does that mean NVIDIA SLI won't be possible on this board?

Its just me getting confused as there isn't anything mentioned about NVIDIA/NVIDIA SLI on this page, since am going with NVIDIA GTX 780 and I can SLI 780/780Ti or some other NVIDIA card in future.

You will not be able to SLI with that motherboard, don't get it. 

Try and find a Z97-A, that is a really good motherboard that is SLI capable, and should cost about the same.

When you go SLI, you will have to use a 2nd GTX780, you can't use a 780Ti or a different type of Nvidia card, it has to be the exact same card.  It could be a different brand of 780, but it has to be a 2nd 780.

Try and find a Z97-A, that is a really good motherboard that is SLI capable, and should cost about the same.

When you go SLI, you will have to use a 2nd GTX780, you can't use a 780Ti or a different type of Nvidia card, it has to be the exact same card.  It could be a different brand of 780, but it has to be a 2nd 780.

Yes, I know about the "same card" thing, I was saying that maybe I would SLI the card like 2x 780 or maybe 2 cards of 800 Series in future.

and Okay, I will not go for that motherboard...but the problem is I can not find a Z97-A on any Indian online stores or local ones, so,

How about MSI Z97 Gamer 5?

Yes, I know about the "same card" thing, I was saying that maybe I would SLI the card like 2x 780 or maybe 2 cards of 800 Series in future.

and Okay, I will not go for that motherboard...but the problem is I can not find a Z97-A on any Indian online stores or local ones, so,

How about MSI Z97 Gamer 5?

Yup, that motherboard will work just fine!

Yup, that motherboard will work just fine!

Cool then, I've found that Motherboard on Amazon India...

so, I'll go with those, and if I find Z97-A or anything else in upcoming week first or second of June, if that'll be available by then, I'll go with that one.

• 1 month later...

Hello sir, Long time no see...

But I didnt actually build this beast yet, my classes rescheduled so, I've waited...and the good thing is, your suggested motherboard is here.

This was what you suggested,right?

http://www.amazon.in/Z97-A-ASUS-LGA1150-Socket-Motherboard/dp/B00K80MMJ4/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405237227&sr=1-6&keywords=z97

I think I'm getting it :D other specs are same.

I'm moving today, so I'll build this PC in a few days now.

Hello sir, Long time no see...

But I didnt actually build this beast yet, my classes rescheduled so, I've waited...and the good thing is, your suggested motherboard is here.

This was what you suggested,right?

http://www.amazon.in/Z97-A-ASUS-LGA1150-Socket-Motherboard/dp/B00K80MMJ4/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1405237227&sr=1-6&keywords=z97

I think I'm getting it :D other specs are same.

I'm moving today, so I'll build this PC in a few days now.

Yup! Thats the one.

Yup! Thats the one.

Great, and I'm getting a new phone too, hehe so yeah, I think I'll be able to do that build log thingy.