Printed photos scanner questions

I have a Canon CanoScan 9000F (9600 dpi) and I'm being offered a Epson Perfection V700 Photo (6400 dpi) and a Epson Expression 10000XL (2400 dpi). Now I'm using my scanner to scan printed photos (not negatives).

Now when I compare these 3 scanners, it seems my scanner would be best for printed matter, the V700 would be better for negatives and the 10000XL can scan larger documents. Now on the 10000XL why the dpi is so low? This scanner is still quite expensive versus my consumer grade CanoScan 9000F. How can I compare their qualities? Is there a good place where I could ask this question?

Thanks for the help!

16 minutes ago, AlexQC said:

I have a Canon CanoScan 9000F (9600 dpi) and I'm being offered a Epson Perfection V700 Photo (6400 dpi) and a Epson Expression 10000XL (2400 dpi). Now I'm using my scanner to scan printed photos (not negatives).

Now when I compare these 3 scanners, it seems my scanner would be best for printed matter, the V700 would be better for negatives and the 10000XL can scan larger documents. Now on the 10000XL why the dpi is so low? This scanner is still quite expensive versus my consumer grade CanoScan 9000F. How can I compare their qualities? Is there a good place where I could ask this question?

Thanks for the help!

The stated 9600 and 6400dpi are highly inflated and not at all realistic. I had a v800 for years and did extensive testing. Anything past about 2400 dpi showed no difference other than a bloated filesize.