Which of these graphics cards is best for video editing?

RTX 3060 and RTX 4060 price: 1500 PLN

RTX 4060 TI and RTX 3070 price: 2300 PLN

So as you can see, the prices of some are the same and the parameters are different.

The RTX 4060 is more powerful on a newer architecture but has 8GB of VRAM and 3072 CUDA cores. I heard that now 8GB VRAM is not enough as Davincy Resolve minimum requires 8 VRAM and on minimum requirements it doesn't matter if it's a game or a program it will work so-so. So there's the RTX 3060 which already has 12GB VRAM and 3584 CUDAs. I heard that CUDA and VRAM cores are the most important in video processing. If so, I think it would be a good choice.

In the case of RTX 4060 TI and RTX 3070, there are also more CUDA cores, RTX 3070 has better parameters, but the RTX 4060 TI card is better in games. I don't know why it works like that.

2 minutes ago, GamerGry123 said:

I heard that now 8GB VRAM is not enough as Davincy Resolve minimum requires 8 VRAM

I dont know where you hear these but once again you are wrong. Newest cards have the newest NVENC support, if all you gonna is edit videos get the RTX4xxx series cards.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

I dont know where you hear these but once again you are wrong.

Its a nice to have on a fuck ton of color correction but its not a "minimum". Ive booted and edited using Resolve on an igpu.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

21 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Its a nice to have on a fuck ton of color correction but its not a "minimum". Ive booted and edited using Resolve on an igpu.

Yeah I use resolve on my work laptop just fine. I even have the iGPU vram allocation set to minimum (256mbs iirc).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

I even have the iGPU vram allocation set to minimum (256mbs iirc).

That's just the "reserved" allocation that's always available to the GPU and nothing else, but in the OS it can always use any portion of system RAM it needs (which can be a pain sometimes).

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

43 minutes ago, Levent said:

Nie wiem, gdzie to słyszysz, ale po raz kolejny się mylisz. Najnowsze karty mają najnowszą obsługę NVENC, jeśli chcesz tylko edytować filmy, kup karty z serii RTX4xxx.

So NVENC does all the work? But if you see any effects or color correction, the GPU is processing everything, right?

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

To tylko „zarezerwowana” alokacja, która jest zawsze dostępna dla GPU i nic więcej, ale w systemie operacyjnym zawsze może używać dowolnej części systemowej pamięci RAM, której potrzebuje (co czasami może być uciążliwe).

But that's not how you do it, it will run slower. For example, if your graphics card has 2GB VRAM and you have 16GB of RAM in your computer, you can do that by giving the card 8GB of RAM and it will have 10GB but it won't work well.