Lenovo v15 g2 alc not booting

I got a new laptop (Lenovo v15 g2 alc) from school few months ago. I had windows 11 and Ubuntu dualbooted. It worked fine until windows started having some issues, it hang for a few minutes before booting, sometimes it did auto repairs, etc. today it just gave me a bsod so I decided to reinstall it. I booted the iso, pressed the install button, chose the partition, next, then I remembered that I didn't back up my files so while it was on 0% I clicked X and exited to copy files to Ubuntu partition. When it rebooted, it said something about corrupted files. I didn't read it through because I thought it was about windows not being properly installed and hard reseted with the power button to boot to grub from boot menu.

When I tried booting it up again, keyboard light up, screen flashed for a second and nothing was displayed. Fans ramp up from now and then and go down on their own.

Caps/numlock doesn't work.

I tried resetting cmos, removing main battery, even ssd but nothing changed.

Could windows installer somehow corrupted the bios? Has anyone had this issue before and/or knows how to fix it?

Edit: I tried holding down Novo button for a few second after booting and it just beeped twice. I don't know what that means.

Edited by ilobilo

I've had this issue on an old HP laptop, I had to get rid of it. The new owner said they fixed it, but I never got it back even though I had lots of files on it, and I never learnt how to. So there is a way, because I saw it working.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I am currently experiencing the same thing with a v15 g2 alc

dualboot Windows 10 and arch Linux.

Recently windows boot started taking 1-2 minutes and now it doesn't post at all with the keyboard button light up and if hold the Novo button two beeps.

Does someone have a solution for this?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, theskyfallin said:

Hello, I am currently experiencing the same thing with a v15 g2 alc

dualboot Windows 10 and arch Linux.

Recently windows boot started taking 1-2 minutes and now it doesn't post at all with the keyboard button light up and if hold the Novo button two beeps.

Does someone have a solution for this?

Thanks.

I have that exact same problem. Has anyone tried a bios reprogram? The motherboard looks alive but it doesnt post?..

Maybe this will be helpful to someone

These exact problems lead to a bios error. I solved it when i reprogramed it with a CH341 module. I found a fresh bios somewhere online.