Missing pin on AsRock Z170m Pro4s (LGA1151)

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this board is still good? I got it months ago 2nd hand and it's just been sitting in its box in a drawer, I probably should have inspected it earlier... Comparing it to pictures of the board from Google there is definitely something missing, the pin according to Intel is a "RSVD" pin but I don't really know what that means for the chance of it still booting.

I could technically just try it myself but it'd mean disassembling my hard loop, so I figured I'd try ask around first.

Thanks.

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

think that's just a VCC pin, so it might work.

https://hardforum.com/threads/anyone-have-detailed-lga1151-pinout.1988830/

39 minutes ago, Lyssastrasza said:

I could technically just try it myself but it'd mean disassembling my hard loop, so I figured I'd try ask around first.

If you're that curious, you could always pick up the cheapest Skylake CPU you can find on eBay just to test it with. (There are a bunch of listings for i3-6100s for around $12 right now.)

Edited by Needfuldoer

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I'm not sure if I'm correct on this but according to this picture:

skylake_pin_diagram.png

You might be in luck because if I'm right it's a VCC pin which there are enough of.

But I don't know for sure!

Thanks for the help all, decided to take the plunge and just try it. Wouldn't POST for a while, just kept retrying reseating RAM and other things. It bluescreened once (0xC0000221) on boot and eventually wanted me to run a Windows repair (I've heard that's normal for a mobo swap?) and eventually got it up and running fine, although it wont boot with XMP compared to my old ATX board unfortunately.