Laptop reccomendation posts should include the use and budget (with local currency) in the title.

For example, "Laptop Needed for Gaming/AutoCAD (under $2000 CAD)" or "I need a 14" laptop for Machine Learning; €800" - similar to how r/listentothis posts need to follow the MainArtistName -- trackName [genre / genres] (year) format. This way, we don't have a bunch of topics all titled "Laptop Recommendations" that may be irrelevant to what we're looking for, and we only realize this until we go into the thread.

We have templates in place that users can follow in New Builds and Planning, but I'm not currently aware of any way to enforce a specific title format for each individual thread. Reddit has an amount of automoderation that can block posts as soon as they're made for not following title rules or otherwise, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for the platform this forum uses.

I agree that people asking for recommendations should include information regarding their requirements, but that ultimately falls on the person creating the thread to do it themselves. Moreover, if the entire post fit in the title, there wouldn't be much of a post to go along with it. Looking at most of the threads on the main page in the Laptops and Pre-Builts subforum at the time of posting(22:32 EST), I would say thread titles are fine:

https://linustechtips.com/forum/88-laptops-and-pre-built-systems/

Additionally, nearly every starting post does indeed mention other necessary details to assist other people in making informed recommendations.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

It would be very time-consuming to moderate such if made requirement over recommendation.  Same applies to all threads over all subforums. Also would be probably seen too strict requirement for some new members. This being main reason why we only have strict requirements on very few subforums (that aren't intended for new members or post-n-run -types).

Personally I don't see much value in having that in title. For most, they don't look for single use machines and may have additional thoughts on pricing. So having more generic "for gaming" or "for college" is enough to make title informative. You are probably seeing it as wasted time opening threads which look for limited location/markets (lets say South Africa) or just having amount in dollars and specifying which dollars in main post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv