So yeah...there was a bomb threat at my school today

WinNut

You read that right. We had a bomb threat at the school today. Here is what happened...

9:47 I was on the phone w/ my English teacher asking her for a password, she told me that there was something going on in the building and to go to my class at once (was already in said class)

9:50 Principal came on loudspeaker, said that there was a fire drill

9:50 Instructed to take attendance

9:52 Fire bells activated, school evacuated

Stood outside speculating for about 80 minutes while police combed the building

11:15 Building cleared, permission to return

11:20 Returned to school, informed on situation

What do you guys think? We missed 2 periods of classes due to the evacuation, and saw an ambulance coming down the street.

We were never told that it was a bomb threat until after the evacuation, we were just told that it was a standard fire drill.

I wouldn't worry much about it. When I was in school we had bomb/gun threats every so often. More often than not it was just some kid being a dick or someone forgot to take the paintball gun/hunting rifle out of their car. 

I kind of thought that was a bad idea to put the link in.

Removed.

not the first time seeing this on the forums

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well everybody is fine, which is all that matters, but we lost a fair amount of instructional time.

Again?Wait,was it you who posted about a bomb threat at school before?I've already seen like 5 updates on that and at least 3 topics about this.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's pretty unusual! Wonder who raised the alarm? Perhaps someone phoned the school as a prank or something

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I have only been here since March, and have not seen a post like such since I joined the LTT forum. 

@XtremeTechGaming goes to the same school.

That's pretty unusual! Wonder who raised the alarm? Perhaps someone phoned the school as a prank or something

They phoned 911 (which is the emergency number here in the US) and told them.

Northern Ireland during the troubles was basically bomb scares all the god damn time.

Although there was actual bombs involved.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I kind of thought that was a bad idea to put the link in.

Removed.

Rest assured I won't be travelling over the Atlantic since I've seen the link :P

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

There are no bins/trash cans at the train station where I live.

Northern Ireland during the troubles was basically bomb scares all the god damn time.

Although there was actual bombs involved.

lol

At first I thought the server room was on fire and I said that I claimed any hardware that survived. 

We had 7 fire alarms set off whilst I was at High school once - it was great, though if anyone dares do it during my Sixth form exams this month, I won't be responsible for my actions...

lol

At first I thought the server room was on fire and I said that I claimed any hardware that survived. 

Slightly ruined motherboard for sale. did house a E7 Xeon but now it doesn't. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Again?Wait,was it you who posted about a bomb threat at school before?I've already seen like 5 updates on that and at least 3 topics about this.

I posted a thread where the SWAT showed up at my school awhile back but it was not a bomb threat though.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

If there were a bomb threat at my school I don't know what would happen.I mean,they don't even need a bomb to destroy the building.It's like 300 years old.(since the 1800-s).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What's really annoying is when its a freezing cold rainy winter day (Uk...) and you get sent out for a fire drill while just in a school blazer and no coat.

After 15-30 minutes as you start to walk back in, the alarm goes off again. My school ended up spending 1 and a half hours outside and by the time we got in everyone was soaked...

Lucky it was the end of the day

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

im guessing some kids had a test and so they called in a bomb. happens a lot around here actually. quite annoying.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

murica? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Your schools seem more interesting than mine... If someone farted they'd call hazmat teams..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

At least it was sunny and warm outside. :P

EDIT: There were exams today for the ESL students.

At a ceremony the principal addressed us, she said that two students were the perpetrators and they were arrested and suspended for the rest of the school year.