I’m not getting any display output but my GPU is lighting up and my mobo speaker isn’t beeping

NoobMaster45

So I built my PC and plugged it into my monitor with a VGA to DP adapter and there were random green pixels all over the screen, but it posted. I moved the cable around and the green pixels went away, but  once I let go of the cable the green stuff was back. I went into the BIOS then I decided to turn it off and plug it into my all in one so I didn’t have green stuff all over my screen, but for some reason the all in one wasn’t turning on (I now know that the power cable was loose). Then I plugged it back into my monitor and now I’m not getting any display output. I also tried plugging it into my tv but I’m still not getting any output. The GPU lights up, and the motherboard speaker isn’t beeping, so I’m not entirely sure what’s wrong. Also I’m running a R5 3600, a 5700 XT, and I have a Gigabyte B450M D3SH.

Sounds like a bad cable or a bad display connection on the gpu or display.

Try one thing at a time, 1st new cable or spare and check the hdmi/dp ports on tv or monitor and gpu for loose connections by wobbling them gently and seeing if they are moving alot.

Try another adapter , try the other ports on the gpu unlikley that all of them would be loose.

Do you know if any or all of these parts worked perfectly before you assembled this system?

Yep, sounds like a bad cable. Especially the random pixels.

13 minutes ago, Ottoman420 said:

Sounds like a bad cable or a bad display connection on the gpu or display.

Try one thing at a time, 1st new cable or spare and check the hdmi/dp ports on tv or monitor and gpu for loose connections by wobbling them gently and seeing if they are moving alot.

Try another adapter , try the other ports on the gpu unlikley that all of them would be loose.

Do you know if any or all of these parts worked perfectly before you assembled this system?

So the monitor seems like it doesn’t work. I plugged it into my all in one and now the monitor doesn’t recognize that it’s plugged into anything. So I plugged it into my TV again and the cable was secure, and I know the cable works because I took it out of my PS5. I tried both HDMI slots and the TV just said check device power. I have no idea if these parts work or not. I bought my CPU from Facebook market place and the graphics card used off eBay, so I’m most suspicious of those.