Got a HTC One M7 cheap

chicksoup

Hello guys,

I was able to get my hands on a HTC One M7 for about 190€ new (260$) and it was an awesome deal since it was 50% less than it usually costs. So I bought the phone thinking that I could resell it for about 400€, but since I need a new phone and a new phone costs more than 400€ I was wondering if I should just keep it or sell it. I currently own a galaxy S2 and had to install Cyanogenmod to get it running properly and get it smooth again. I would like to keep it, but I wanted to hear from you guys what you would do with the phone.

Hello guys,

I was able to get my hands on a HTC One M7 for about 190€ new (260$) and it was an awesome deal since it was 50% less than it usually costs. So I bought the phone thinking that I could resell it for about 400€, but since I need a new phone and a new phone costs more than 400€ I was wondering if I should just keep it or sell it. I currently own a galaxy S2 and had to install Cyanogenmod to get it running properly and get it smooth again. I would like to keep it, but I wanted to hear from you guys what you would do with the phone.

If you like it I would keep it, it is a great phone. Better than your S2

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yarrrrr,

I'd keep it its a great phone, and it'll last you a while.

If you like it I would keep it, it is a great phone. Better than your S2

yeah, it's better, but I would prefer a Oppo Find 7 or a One Plus One instead, but I would have to invest more into it. Does anyone know how it is to use as a daily driver? I would otherwise leave it unopened and sell it

yeah, it's better, but I would prefer a Oppo Find 7 or a One Plus One instead, but I would have to invest more into it. Does anyone know how it is to use as a daily driver? I would otherwise leave it unopened and sell it

Its a really good phone, great battery life very fast and very nice build and feel. If you disable blink feed then it gives a very similar to stock android experience.

You cant buy a one plus one and might not be able to for a while. The Oppo Find 7 is ok but personally its too big.

I used an HTC one for about 2 months while I waited for my new Iphone, actually made me like android, though I didnt switch

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Its a really good phone, great battery life very fast and very nice build and feel. If you disable blink feed then it gives a very similar to stock android experience.

You cant buy a one plus one and might not be able to for a while. The Oppo Find 7 is ok but personally its too big.

I used an HTC one for about 2 months while I waited for my new Iphone, actually made me like android, though I didnt switch

ok, you sound pretty convincing and also linus used it for a really long time and I always hear people saying that it's great, so I'll give it a try

I would keep the S2, get the official extended battery and flash 4.4.2. Sell the ONE and put those 400€ aside.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Got an M7 as well, I love it. I'd keep it if I were you, it's a great phone. 

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

daily driver wise, i personally like sense a little better than touchwiz(upgraded from s3) but i hated how long it took to get to the settings and the way the menu style was(swiping up and down instead of side to side) so i put cyanogenmod on it. those are VERY small complains and im pretty sure if i wasnt incline to put a rom on my phone anyways i would have been used to HTC sense within a given month and not even wanna switch to anything else. another thing i liked was the text messaging app. i was way to tired of bubbly text boxes and htc made a beutiful interface with cooled strips instead of text boxes. i use the remote funcionality of the device every other day and it is brilliant. the battery is great lasts 1 and 1/2 days with normal use, and surprisingly enough when i play with my DS rom it doesnt drain the battery within 20 mins. the built in storage is 32 gigs base so i was fine with not having a mem card slot (your opinion may vary) if you put a case on it but are great at handling phones... just keep your phone naked because the buttons get harder to press. the camera app on the one isnt bad either but i didnt use all those features that came with the app, speaking of the camera it is EXTREMELY great. and we all know that once you go to boom sound you cant go back. its a snappy phone specially with 4.4 and you wont need to worry about an upgrade for atleast 3 years(depending on advancements) the NFC chip isnt closer to the middle like on almost every other device but its closer to the camera itself so when connecting 2 devices it is kind of awkward(but then again who uses NFC that often). the metal body is great specially after it sits on a hot summer day for a while and feels cold to the touch. i recommend using your galaxy s2 charging cable since it locks in securely and comes out easily and i feel that makes it harder to damage the port itself. the device doesnt get scratches even though it sounds like it does when slid across a desk. imma stop it here, the device is great and i recommend keeping it

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.