XBOX360 controller scaled setup on PC question. Is this even possible?

Bryan-10EC

Ok, I know it's a sin to FPS game on PC with a controller, but I have my reasons.

(let's just say I am old and my fingers don't move fast and accurate enough on a keyboard)

Gaming with the controller is great for movement, but it absolutely sucks for accurate aiming (in games without aim assist).

If you turn the sensitively all the way down so you have the best chance of accurate aiming, then your fastest movement is January molasses slow.

Q: Are there any tools, tricks, hacks, voodoo chants that allow user defined scaled sensitively?

I want the right stick to be the lowest sensitivity when I barely move it, but max when I move it to the extremes.

IDK why this isn't already something that exists in ALL controllers (on ALL platforms) that you can adjust because there doesn't seem to be a reason not to allow it other than stonks.

Any help is appreciated (so I can play Battlebit and actually get more kills than deaths)

Thanks for reading this.

-Bryan

Good luck Bryan, I dont play fps games on console because i also cant aim using them. Dont know how these kids do it

What about special ergonomic keyboard or gaming keyset so you can still have the preciscion with a mouse and less keys to fumble with and mistakenly press on the other hand

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecarke-Mechanical-Keyboards-Programming-Keyboard(Upgrade/dp/B09TP21VK1/ref=sr_1_20?crid=179876KKCRCIC&keywords=wasd+code+keyboard&qid=1688494306&sprefix=wasd+keyboard%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-20

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Handed-Gaming-Keyboard-RedThunder-Controller-Black/dp/B07P4M5K44/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=wasd+keyboard&qid=1688494195&sprefix=wasd+%2Caps%2C70&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BRIMFORD-Customized-Mini-Mechanical-Programmable/dp/B0BWXXV7ZP/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=wasd+keyboard&qid=1688494195&sprefix=wasd+%2Caps%2C70&sr=8-4

these are just examples but maybe something to consider.

Death to controllers!

Some of the pro controllers... expensive as they are are really nice.

My cousin I think has the 2~300 dollar  pro xbox controller and I think it has longer thumb sticks which makes it easier to do precise aiming.

Otherwise, I think a lot of games have aim assists for controllers.

I use a mouse and keyboard at my desk all day for work. I do not like gaming that way.

22 minutes ago, Bryan-10EC said:

I use a mouse and keyboard at my desk all day for work. I do not like gaming that way.

For me, it's all about the analog controls. The sticks, triggers, haptics, etc are all way more immersive. Keyboard movement sucks. With the exception of some occasional Warzone matches though, I play exclusively single player and co-op/PVE so I'm more interested in what feels good and immersive to me over frags per second.

That said, I'll still often opt for KB/M if the game lends itself well to having a ton of hotkeys, as that's the keyboards strong suit, more buttons! (we need more buttons on controllers, as far as I'm concerned). 

It's a double edged sword for me though, as I'm a left handed spawn of the devil. So I need/choose to remap every single button when I play a game with KB/M which can be a nightmare sometimes.

Ok.. I just bought some analog stick extenders. I'll try that on the aiming stick to see if if increases accuracy. I'm not paying $200 for a game controller just for the chance it might be better. Once Battlebit gives full controller support they will surely have some aim assist- and I expect them to do it well so you can't just scan the horizon like the COD Warzone and feel when it sticks to somebody to see through brush/around corners/way off in the distance.

But for way older games that never got baked in controller support... it would be nice for some type of scaling sensitively feature.

Swapping between gaming on the PS5 and the XB360 controller on PC really screws me up in Rocket League. Lol.

OH- and sorry for not being appreciative of the comments.

Nobody really answered my question.. but I do appreciate the inputs.

Usually this is done in game by tuning the curves on the controller axis. if the game doesn't give you the option to tune the axis you can do it with 3rd party apps like DS4Windows for PS4/5 controllers assuming the games anti-cheat doesn't flag that.

36 minutes ago, Bryan-10EC said:

Ok.. I just bought some analog stick extenders. I'll try that on the aiming stick to see if if increases accuracy. I'm not paying $200 for a game controller just for the chance it might be better. Once Battlebit gives full controller support they will surely have some aim assist- and I expect them to do it well so you can't just scan the horizon like the COD Warzone and feel when it sticks to somebody to see through brush/around corners/way off in the distance.

But for way older games that never got baked in controller support... it would be nice for some type of scaling sensitively feature.

Swapping between gaming on the PS5 and the XB360 controller on PC really screws me up in Rocket League. Lol.

OH- and sorry for not being appreciative of the comments.

Nobody really answered my question.. but I do appreciate the inputs.

Yeah, sorry went on a tangent myself. But yeah definitely don't fork out for an Elite. It's a great controller, and the only one I'd want to play with, but it's not the answer. You can tweak the sensitivities/curves to feel different, but not specifically for what you're looking for, I'd say.

Edit: in other words, I find the Elite's different settings to be more subtle, I think you're looking for something a little more drastic.

11 hours ago, Holmes108 said:

Keyboard movement sucks.

Apex, Fortnite, Bloodhunt, and COD players:

Sadge Discord & Slack Emoji

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I have some pretty severe joint pain in my hands that keeps me from enjoying gaming on a keyboard and mouse. Controllers all the way for me.

there are actually controllers that do this you can have seperate sens for each stick... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 7/4/2023 at 8:11 PM, Ottoman420 said:

Death to controllers!

razer volverine v2 checking in!

and my aim is about equal to other people in my rank (playing OW)

actually that's a lie, cause I play Mercy, and most Mercy players can't aim! : D

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

24 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

razer volverine v2 checking in!

and my aim is about equal to other people in my rank (playing OW)

actually that's a lie, cause I play Mercy, and most Mercy players can't aim! : D

I do like that xbox 360 style but for fps games i suck so hard on a controller on a keyboard however ....pew pew

I haven't used it recently, but if I remember correctly you can set custom response curves in steam input for analog sticks, so you might have some luck messing around with that.

On 7/4/2023 at 3:43 PM, trufret said:

Usually this is done in game by tuning the curves on the controller axis. if the game doesn't give you the option to tune the axis you can do it with 3rd party apps like DS4Windows for PS4/5 controllers assuming the games anti-cheat doesn't flag that.

Ok, have moved to using one of my old PS4 controllers.

I am used to them and seem better than the 360 controller (originally used going back TWO gaming PCs since it worked in windows.. usually).

(the stick extensions were garbage- it doesn't help with the initial movement needed to overcome the centering spring causing a lack of fine accuracy)

This DS4Windows gives me sensitively scaling options for the analog sticks!

It can start very slow then ramp up as you move.

Haven't tried it with Battlebit yet, so whether or not it gets flag as a cheat is still a question.

But this will at least help with single player games.

Sometimes I just want to play HL2 mods with a controller.

UPDATE. DS4Winsdows must be broken on Windows 11.

Just having Steam running and a PS4 controller connected causes the cursor to go wild.

Tried more than one PS4 controller too.

Several different settings in DS4Windows

I deleted it and it STILL does it. ffs.

i personally much prefer the ps controller layout,  however, for shooters the Xbox 360 controller seems much more precise. 

6 hours ago, Bryan-10EC said:

ffs

also im sorry,  ik its not what you wanted to hear, but the question has been successfully answered,  it cannot be done,  certainly not with "extensions".

The wolverine v2 and other controllers also doesn't cost $200 😉

ps: Xbox elite is nigh perfect,  the sticks can have seperate sense, improves aiming a lot.

Problem is built quality is absolutely awful,  facebuttons basically unusable, so you might get lucky but honestly wouldn't recommend it due to the extremely poor built quality 

but there are dozens of cheaper alternatives,  you just need to find one that works for you (unfortunately) 

ps2: actually i have a brandnew (as good as) Xbox 360 controller , which I would possibly sell, but not for 200, nah... way more :3

20230531_012415.thumb.jpg.584bf5e97558988c52187882a1691dbb.jpg

Spoiler

this is not an offer, just some random facts sorry

20230505_151635.thumb.jpg.66f55e53a0da1bc4063a0852468e79b7.jpg

xbox elite 2

Spoiler

jfyi, awesome controller,  if the face buttons would work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

More controllers i tried,  not bad, but too mushy, all sub 100 tho

20230709_072625.thumb.png.cc90d510646195c0f9d638e8afe91063.png

what I ended up with, absolutely love it, feels 99,9% like an original xbox 360 controller  🙂

20230606_233125.thumb.jpg.e564e9dea7c90d4cd9b020c5b9dae20c.jpg

(wolverine v2)

Also, why yes, absolutely, i own way more controllers than you could possibly imagine  😂 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I ordered a Wolverine V2 yesterday. I actually like a wired controller over dealing with batteries/recharging/wireless issues.

I think the DS4 and DS5 issues were Bluetooth related. They would work fine for like 5 seconds then go nuts.

At some point it's not fun trying to figure it out anymore.

I want to game, not play a VR IT Simulation.