What gpu should i get for blender/cities skylines 1/2? And do i need to upgrade the Psu?

Budget (including currency): Max 8000 kr/sek ~ 750$ (but the lower the better and its not that kind of situation where i need to max out the budget)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: It needs to be able to run cities skylines 1 and the upcoming sequel, i also need it to be able to run blender at a decent speed (as long as its significantly better than my old gpu)

Other details: 

current Pc specs:

I5-8400

32GB RAM

GTX 1060 3Gb vram (what i need to upgrade)

300W psu (probarly need to upgrade this to, include this in the budget)c
256Gb M.2 and 1Tb Hdd

I have no preference for what gpu brand, i just want the best bang for the buck. Iv know that AMD gpus are slightly worse at blender unfortunately, if that wasn’t so i would if instantly bought one because of the good price to performance.

I would prefer if my new gpu could run most games and specifically cities skylines 1/2 at 1440p 60+ Fps. My main reason for the upgrade is because of my low gpu memory. That is my current limiting factor in both blender and heavily modded cities skylines.

I also dont need to get this upgrade NOW. iv stood out with it for the past few years, whats a few months more. Yes i said months, i would prefer if i could buy a card sooner rather than later but my max waiting time would probably be around Christmas (2023). But it would be optimal if i could get the new card before the end of October (this is when cities skylines 2 gets released).

Also keep in mind i probably need a new PSU to supply the gpu, if that is needed you could please include it in the final recommendation and price.

1 minute ago, Newagent007 said:

Also keep in mind i probably need a new PSU to supply the gpu, if that is needed you could please include it in the final recommendation and price.

It goes over budget if you wanna buy new 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://se.pcpartpicker.com/list/cCbvLs

Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (kr7690.00 @ Proshop) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart BM2 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (kr1135.06 @ Amazon Sweden) 
Total: kr8825.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-28 18:43 CEST+0200

But if your alright with used then go for the 3080 Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Turbo 10 GB Garanti säljes i Stockholms stad | Blocket and this psu MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (MPG A1000G PCIE 5) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

53 minutes ago, Newagent007 said:

Budget (including currency): Max 8000 kr/sek ~ 750$ (but the lower the better and its not that kind of situation where i need to max out the budget)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: It needs to be able to run cities skylines 1 and the upcoming sequel, i also need it to be able to run blender at a decent speed (as long as its significantly better than my old gpu)

Other details: 

current Pc specs:

I5-8400

32GB RAM

300W psu (probarly need to upgrade this to, include this in the budget)c
256Gb M.2 and 1Tb Hdd

I have no preference for what gpu brand, i just want the best bang for the buck. Iv know that AMD gpus are slightly worse at blender unfortunately, if that wasn’t so i would if instantly bought one because of the good price to performance.

I would prefer if my new gpu could run most games and specifically cities skylines 1/2 at 1440p 60+ Fps. My main reason for the upgrade is because of my low gpu memory. That is my current limiting factor in both blender and heavily modded cities skylines.

I also dont need to get this upgrade NOW. iv stood out with it for the past few years, whats a few months more. Yes i said months, i would prefer if i could buy a card sooner rather than later but my max waiting time would probably be around Christmas (2023). But it would be optimal if i could get the new card before the end of October (this is when cities skylines 2 gets released).

1440P You should either get a 4070 + a 750W PSU

Or Second hand 3080 from ebay. + a 850W PSU (650W won't so I went save and got a 850W)

Those can pretty much run anything.

Inet.se have Corsair RM850e and 750e on sale at only about 1300sek and 1200sek. Ends 7/3, I just got one, you better hurry.

City Skyline is a CPU intensive so you might also want to look up second hand i7-8700 or something similar. (Otherwise you will need new mobo and CPU...)

I got a secondhand 3080 (Aorus Master) from a Finland seller. Just finished testing it working great. 

See this post for some recent historical eBay Price for 3080. Shipping included to Stockholm

(I only considered sellers from EU to avoid potential VAT)

Blocket also works, but I never bought something on there yet.

23 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

City Skyline is a CPU intensive so you might also want to look up second hand i7-8700 or something similar. (Otherwise you will need new mobo and CPU...)

i7-8700k or i9-9900k would work great for Cities Skylines.

I know that higher clock speeds greatly affect performance in Cities Skylines 1 as I noticed a massive jump in performance from an i5-8400 to a Ryzen 7 3800XT.

36 minutes ago, Newagent007 said:

32GB RAM

I would upgrade to 64GBs of RAM. Currently on 64GB and am considering upgrading to 128GBs of RAM as I like to heavily mod the game.

36 minutes ago, Newagent007 said:

Cities Skylines 2 recommends a 2080TI for optimal performance, so something with similar or greater performance will probably serve you well.

I have been looking at a new gpu for Cities Skylines 2 as I love the game, but I'll probably wait and see how well my system performs.

I may be stupid, but at least I'm not an idiot.

9 minutes ago, artisuke said:

i7-8700k or i9-9900k would work great for Cities Skylines.

I know that higher clock speeds greatly affect performance in Cities Skylines 1 as I noticed a massive jump in performance from an i5-8400 to a Ryzen 7 3800XT.

I would upgrade to 64GBs of RAM. Currently on 64GB and am considering upgrading to 128GBs of RAM as I like to heavily mod the game.

Cities Skylines 2 recommends a 2080TI for optimal performance, so something with similar or greater performance will probably serve you well.

I have been looking at a new gpu for Cities Skylines 2 as I love the game, but I'll probably wait and see how well my system performs.

I did some research because I was also considered upgrading and will try out Cities Skylines 2 when that come out. I used to play SimCity.

Currently on a R5 3600 and just bought a Secondhand 3080, lead to have to buy a new PSU. Hence why I know there is a sale 😉 

See my other post for the table I made with relative performance and new/used price, its 1-2 weeks old.