Question about a product: Alphacool Core Storm 420mm XT45 Water Cooling Set

Is this product (Alphacool Core Storm 420mm XT45 Water Cooling Set) good? I want to cool first an Intel I9 11900kf and later an Intel Core i7-13700k processor. This would be my first custom water cooling so I ask here

what case do you have, that would be the first thing to check since 420mm is quite large and wont fit in most cases. Other then that it seems fine although are you sure you want to get that instead of a good quality AIO?

What case do you have? This fits in VERY FEW cases.

Will you be cooling your gpu too?

If no then don't get it and get a normal cooler.

As for is it good? Yeah but it's 4x the price of a aio that does just as well.

1 hour ago, dragon3336 said:

Is this product (Alphacool Core Storm 420mm XT45 Water Cooling Set) good? I want to cool first an Intel I9 11900kf and later an Intel Core i7-13700k processor. This would be my first custom water cooling so I ask here

Custom water really only makes sense of you do CPU and GPU, and even then… it doesn’t make much sense. Custom water, or even AIO’s, really only are worth it for the noise reduction. For cooling, a noctua NHD15 or any comparable air cooler is plenty.

If the point is to reduce noise, then water is more viable. I turn most of my case fans off if GPU temp is under 50c for example, and only have them turn on and ramp up if the temp gets up past 50. Even with most fans off, my top 420 rad with the fans spinning at 650 ish rpm is enough to keep my CPU cool under anything except a synthetic benchmark. Once I start gaming and both CPU and GPU are loaded, then the front rad fans turn on, along with other case intake fans. This keeps the idle noise literally impossible to hear, and gaming noise is still low as fans never go past 900rpm. 

My water loop with blocks cost ~700 bucks. So it’s not worth it… unless the goal is silence. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

15 hours ago, Shimejii said:

what case do you have, that would be the first thing to check since 420mm is quite large and wont fit in most cases. Other then that it seems fine although are you sure you want to get that instead of a good quality AIO?

Graphics card water cooling comes after that and I use the case Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO

13 hours ago, dragon3336 said:

Graphics card water cooling comes after that and I use the case Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO

It'll fit but like just spec a loop out yourself and do it in 1 go. Not in multipls that adds to the price and difficulty like a ton.

Also way higher failiure chance

23 hours ago, jaslion said:

It'll fit but like just spec a loop out yourself and do it in 1 go. Not in multipls that adds to the price and difficulty like a ton.

Also way higher failiure chance

Where can I find the right parts for a rtx 4090 24gb from Gigabyte? And what do you think of this?https://www.amazon.de/dp/B097PVFNK5/ref=emc_b_5_t?th=1 is a German Amazon page well yes since I come from Germany  😄 Thanks for the help so far