Bent cpu pin. Pictute below

Go to solution Solved by Sjaakie,
1 minute ago, WestTexan said:

I hope so! I'll only be using my parts again Monday or Tuesday when the case arrives.

I've seen people cut off pins off CPUs and they still boot at least.

Worse case scenario I have to bend it straight?聽 I think it'll be fine though.

You can carefully bend it straight with a thin knife or a credit card or something, but honestly it's such a minor bend that it would probably turn out worse 馃槣

20230625_124932.thumb.jpg.54eecbc33194001d6507cfa78bc31713.jpgMy R7 5700X pin is bent, the one all the way to the right

It still fits in the cpu socket and I also have my old R5 3400G. I put that one in the socket too and it gives the same amount of give/movement/sway in the socket

Been using this cpu for a month and I am getting a new case and cpu cooler tomorrow so I'm cleaning all my parts.聽 Maybe the bend eas always there?

Are small bent pins like this an issue?

MSI B450 tomahawk motherboard

1 minute ago, Sjaakie said:

It doesn't matter. If it works it works. Looks like a very minor bend anyway.

I hope so! I'll only be using my parts again Monday or Tuesday when the case arrives.

1 minute ago, WestTexan said:

You can carefully bend it straight with a thin knife or a credit card or something, but honestly it's such a minor bend that it would probably turn out worse 馃槣

An old credit card works for this.
Just slide it in one side, then do the same along the other "Row" or groove between pins and that should do it - You may have to nudge it a bit anyway, just be careful and do this gently if you have to.

Be sure to observe the pins from all angles to make sure it's all straight as possible before attempting to insert into the socket and if there is alot of resistance, take it back out and doublecheck your pins.
Never try to force one into the socket, that will lead to further pin damage if you do.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

My thoughts exactly. It also fits in the socket just like my straight pinned Ryzen 3400G

I dont like touching electronics I'm not comfortable with. Thats also why I'm not opening up my power supply. I've heard its very dangerous

Thanks for the help! You've put my mind at ease