Cannot install AMD Drivers properly, blue screen.

morn14150

I've posted this for the 3rd time this month

I got a Sapphire PULSE RX 580 4GB in an eGPU setup and my graphics card is acting up lately. It refuses to install drivers, and the way it refuses is a blue screen (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE). After the blue screen the laptop refuses to log in, and it’s stuck in the login screen as: "Please wait for the Local Session Manager" (Sometimes even worse, like "Please wait for the SENS", which I have never heard before). I tried DDU it multiple times and it just show the same results. Can someone help me fix it?

The adapter in question is the ADT-Link R43SG-TU 50cm

The PSU is the Xigmatek XPower 350 (true total wattage is 250W)

Another notes is that currently I have NO ACCESS to any PC or test bench, just my laptop.

Here's the photos I've taken:

738250FE-5D8F-498E-9DC9-A290FD813FDC.jpeg.30fd9816c3e2b7ab459d55cfe054fcbb.jpeg
8711ED33-98D1-4FD0-AE53-4D44F6CCFCE2.jpeg.0176c67d12bd81b963d0727e8d673f58.jpeg
9BA71999-F1CD-4DE8-BE78-9D9F51BEFD3D.jpeg

Hard to tell without testing with another computer. The driver Power State Failure error message can be a lot of different things.

Since your GPU was working correctly before, did you change anything just before the problem happened ?

If you installed or updated graphics drivers, you should try installing older drivers.

It can also be a Windows update. Rolling back the last few Windows updates may be a thing to try.

The best test would be to test with another computer nevertheless.

On 6/22/2023 at 2:04 AM, Sawa Takahashi said:

Hard to tell without testing with another computer. The driver Power State Failure error message can be a lot of different things.

Since your GPU was working correctly before, did you change anything just before the problem happened ?

If you installed or updated graphics drivers, you should try installing older drivers.

It can also be a Windows update. Rolling back the last few Windows updates may be a thing to try.

The best test would be to test with another computer nevertheless.

1. No, nothing big really changes when it first broke
2. Drivers like 23.5.1 and older still won't work
3. I tried to install Windows 10 and 11 in a different partition and the problem still persists
If i had the chance to test it on a different pc then i'll repost, thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: the 580 is now completely dead, the fan doesn't spin, the power isn't being used, and the display isn't there. Tried to bake the thing in the oven but doesn't work.