Beeping/Scratching (?) Noise coming from my tower and not sure what it is

moneynmusic
Go to solution Solved by Supersonicwolfe,
23 minutes ago, moneynmusic said:

Just noticed over the last two days this noise has started coming from my tower. I haven't moved it or added anything new to my setup recently so I'm not not sure what this noise is. 

I've tried unplugging and replugging all my peripherals but that didn't work so I wanted to see if anyone can think of what it might be before I open it up and take it apart. I'm guessing it's maybe a fan. 

arning, you'll have to turn your volume up to hear the beeping in the video. This beeping comes and goes pretty frequently. 

I assume you mean the tick-tick tick-tick tick-tick sound, almost like a heart beat?

My guess is an inductor, and there aren't many remedy to that.

Just noticed over the last two days this noise has started coming from my tower. I haven't moved it or added anything new to my setup recently so I'm not not sure what this noise is. 

I've tried unplugging and replugging all my peripherals but that didn't work so I wanted to see if anyone can think of what it might be before I open it up and take it apart. I'm guessing it's maybe a fan. 

Warning, you'll have to turn your volume up to hear the beeping in the video. This beeping comes and goes pretty frequently. 

23 minutes ago, moneynmusic said:

arning, you'll have to turn your volume up to hear the beeping in the video. This beeping comes and goes pretty frequently. 

I assume you mean the tick-tick tick-tick tick-tick sound, almost like a heart beat?

Do you have any hard drives? It could be one that's beginning to fail. You could try taking the side panel off and putting your ear near the drive to see if it's the thing making noise.

4 minutes ago, coonwhiz said:

Do you have any hard drives? It could be one that's beginning to fail. You could try taking the side panel off and putting your ear near the drive to see if it's the thing making noise.

Forgot to mention that I don't have any hard drives, just two ssds. I did end up taking off the side panel to try to listen even closer but soon as I did that the noise stopped and hasnt come back. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Yep, that's the noise. It did end up going away soon after I posted this so guess I'll see if it comes back. 

1 minute ago, moneynmusic said:

Yep, that's the noise. It did end up going away soon after I posted this so guess I'll see if it comes back. 

I suspect so be came inductor can have that kind of tick due to power is at 60hz

Just now, oofki said:

It’s gotta be fans 

If its the fans, OP can try stop a fan by their finger and see if the noise is till there.

It is possiable it's fans but usually it's louder, continuous, or only happen when PC starts up then disappear..