GPU not showing up in task manager at all

HopelessGPU

When I turn on the computer everything changed when least expected. Was working fine for the last 3 weeks but than all of a sudden my gpu is not showing up in task manager and when I try to imstall the drivers cause they got uninstalled my pc screen shuts off even tho my pc is on. Do you guys have any idea what is the issue? FYI no red lights on motherboard.

"Sometimes, the people who are thousands of miles away from you can make you feel better than people right beside you."

I got into bios and it shows my gpu connected, I think it may have to do with the bios itself or windows os. Also to let you know that I haven't updated my bios yet so it still at F1 version from gigabyte and my gpu and cpu is a 3080 and i7-12700f

"Sometimes, the people who are thousands of miles away from you can make you feel better than people right beside you."

Try clearing CMOS??? Recheck all power connections and report back. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

9 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Try clearing CMOS??? Recheck all power connections and report back. 

Is it okay to clear cmos while all my parts are connected?

2 minutes ago, HopelessGPU said:

Is it okay to clear cmos while all my parts are connected?

Yeah that's fine.

If clearing CMOS doesn't work, I would try reseating the GPU - take it out of the PCIe slot and stick it back in.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah that's fine.

If clearing CMOS doesn't work, I would try reseating the GPU - take it out of the PCIe slot and stick it back in.

Do I still do this even if it shows that the gpu is slotted into the motherboard in bios?

4 minutes ago, HopelessGPU said:

Do I still do this even if it shows that the gpu is slotted into the motherboard in bios?

Sometimes, things happen and may just be an intermittent connection. Just like restarting a smartphone that gets slow makes it faster...usually (you get the idea). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Sometimes, things happen and may just be an intermittent connection. Just like restarting a smartphone that gets slow makes it faster...usually (you get the idea). 

So I noticed that when I turn off my pc and turn it on and when it trys to load. A red light indicator shows up on the motherboard now. The redlight is on the boot for gigabyte. I'm I correct to believe that it may possibly be that my os got corrupted? Cause I can go into my bios and everything is perfectly fine but when I try to get into my os it shows the splash screen logo for gigabyte and the things loading than freezes.

1 minute ago, HopelessGPU said:

So I noticed that when I turn off my pc and turn it on and when it trys to load. A red light indicator shows up on the motherboard now. The redlight is on the boot for gigabyte. I'm I correct to believe that it may possibly be that my os got corrupted? Cause I can go into my bios and everything is perfectly fine but when I try to get into my os it shows the splash screen logo for gigabyte and the things loading than freezes.

Well if you are able to navigate the BIOS and have video, the graphics card sounds like it is indeed working as there are no drivers loaded in BIOS. What specific motherboard do you have? 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well if you are able to navigate the BIOS and have video, the graphics card sounds like it is indeed working as there are no drivers loaded in BIOS. What specific motherboard do you have? 

I have the B660 Gaming x ax ddr4 motherboard.

18 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Do you think it could be my m.2 ssd os files are corrupted and that I should reinstall my os on to it again. My files and stuff being deleted won't bother as I care more about the well being of my system.

Do you think it could be my m.2 ssd os files are corrupted and that I should reinstall my os on to it again. My files and stuff being deleted won't bother as I care more about the well being of my system.

Hmm the manual doesn't appear to explain what a red LED is. IIRC, for MSI at least or ASUS it refers to a CPU error. Try clearing CMOS as I didn't see whether or not you did and if anything changed. 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Hmm the manual doesn't appear to explain what a red LED is. IIRC, for MSI at least or ASUS it refers to a CPU error. Try clearing CMOS as I didn't see whether or not you did and if anything changed. 

Okay

23 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I can't clear my cmos cause I don't have a non conductive screwdriver to do so. Can I just take out the motherboard battery to reset my bios?

4 minutes ago, HopelessGPU said:

I can't clear my cmos cause I don't have a non conductive screwdriver to do so. Can I just take out the motherboard battery to reset my bios?

That will work or even a coin. A key will work too. 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

That will work or even a coin. A key will work too. 

How long do I wait after taking out the battery?

How long do I wait after taking out the battery?

Just a couple seconds usually will clear CMOS. 

43 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Just a couple seconds usually will clear CMOS. 

I reset it but it still doesn't boot into the os. I think I might need to try to reinstall the os in my m.2 ssd.

Edited by HopelessGPU

6 hours ago, HopelessGPU said:

I reset it but it still doesn't boot into the os. I think I might need to try to reinstall the os in my m.2 ssd.

Try reinstalling the OS then. Hopefully that was all that was wrong.