Using my laptop as a desktop?

Hi, I recently bought a better laptop than my PC. I plan on upgrading my PC but for now, I was thinking of using my laptop as my gaming PC. I'll plug it into my 260hz monitor plus my other peripherals like keyboard, mouse, and headset since the laptop has enough ports plus 2 extra thunderbolt ports. 
So I was wondering is this sensible to do? Will there be any input lag or will the laptop function like any desktop PC where I just plug things in? I play a lot of competitive CSGO and I just really want less input lag as possible. 

My laptop is a predator helios neo 16 i7 13700hx, rtx 4060, 16gb ram. 
Current PC spec is a i5 9600k, rtx 2070, 32gb ram. Looking forward to upgrade to AM5 ryzen 9800x3d + rx 7900 xtx early next year. 

8 minutes ago, ThorSaysWeJack said:

So I was wondering is this sensible to do?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing this. There won't be any input lag as long as your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the device directly. Though I recommend unplugging it from the wall when you aren't using it to reduce the strain on the battery.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing this. There won't be any input lag as long as your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the device directly. Though I recommend unplugging it from the wall when you aren't using it to reduce the strain on the battery.

The other option might be to just remove the battery if easy/possible and then just run the laptop directly off wall power

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Thank you for that advice and holy shit since I got this laptop it has always been plugged to the wall and never thought about the battery, this laptop comes with a crazy heavy power brick or whatever its called. I will start to remember to unplug it if I am not using it or if its at 100%. Also the display output for the laptop is not display port but HDMI. Will HDMI be capable of running 260hz?

56 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The other option might be to just remove the battery if easy/possible and then just run the laptop directly off wall power

I'll wait for a teardown for this model and if it ain't so bad I might just do it. 

it looks like you might be able to limit the battery charge level to 80% with the Acer Care Center if you're going to have it plugged in most of the time.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, Arika S said:

it looks like you might be able to limit the battery charge level to 80% with the Acer Care Center if you're going to have it plugged in most of the time.

Thank you for this I will check it out. 

I tried connecting my laptop to my 240hz monitor but when I go to display properties it's only at 60hz. No way to change it to a higher one. Also windows 11 is Hella confusing