The durability of higher monitor refresh rate

(Sorry in advace for my bad grammar)

This is more of question of monitor durability. so this was the problem,

I once have a Viewsonic XG2431 240hz monitor, being a 240 then of course i change it to using 240 hz in windows. and i use it for a couple months not even a year. sometimes the monitor brightness starts to dimming itself then back to normal. It happens maybe 2 times  then the next day it goes back fine, so i didn't think much about it. then one day when i turn my pc back on, there was many lines in the display and shadows like on the attachment.

i never drop the monitor never pour liquid on it, it just stand there being a monitor nothing much and it did that.

Because its still on warranty i tell viewsonic about it and they gave me a new monitor.

then i also have 2019 razer blade advance model with a 240 hz display. it works fine too until one day a big line appear on the side of the screen and the display are turning on and off. I can confirm that other component are still fine since playing on an external monitor was fine. But being a laptop it is, i still need the display to work so i can bring it anywhere. then i search google and found out that changing refresh rate to lower may help. then i do that using steamlink to access the windows 11 setting and change the display refresh rate to 60, and surpisingly it work. (the display are in on off state, the display are black more often then showing image, thats why i use steamlink to access the setting, doing it via external monitor won't do either, since windows save setings for each duplicate/extend/show only in display 1/2. so i need to change it only in show only in display 1). the lines and the glitch in my display laptop are gone. so after that these question poped up in my mind.

Was the XG2431 broken because of setting the refresh rate at its max? will it be fixed once i lower the refresh rate? Does the lifespan on a higher refresh rate monitor shorter then a standard 60hz monitor? Ive multiple standard monitor that are still working properly even from 2010. Or all this was just because im unlucky?

because all this i wonder if there is someone that try to review monitor from its durability and reliability standpoint, instead of display performance haha

IMG_20220719_130610.jpg

TLDNR: not a super useful post.

I posted mostly so I can follow this as I am also curious

I have no data nor have I heard of any. One would think someone would have already tested this though so I suspect the answer is “no” but I have no data.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Sounds like a bad display cable (not good enough signal) rather than a monitor since lowering refresh rate fixes it.