Monitor mounted microphone?

Labeled

I'm planning to revamp our audio setup, currently use a modmic on my headphones and my wife has a headset.

We're limited on space so a typical mic arm isn't going to fit with out desks. I had the idea of mounting them just under our monitors since we already talk while facing them.

Does anything like this pre-exist or will I need to be making custom parts?

2 minutes ago, Labeled said:

I'm planning to revamp our audio setup, currently use a modmic on my headphones and my wife has a headset.

We're limited on space so a typical mic arm isn't going to fit with out desks. I had the idea of mounting them just under our monitors since we already talk while facing them.

Does anything like this pre-exist or will I need to be making custom parts?

Use mic desk tripod ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

in the hobbyist world their are hundreds of cool items to mod a mic to a screen. look at things like the little bracket style clips often used for holding PVC electrical condiuts in place on walls in halls garages etc. In the hobbyist world those clips can be found in a multiple of sizes. many have a flat base that one can use a little 3m double face tape etc.

I have also seen the bendy spiral arm that are often on the cheap usb led lamps but they are made so one can simply wrap a wire around thems from one end to the other and it looks like they were threaded thru/ great for a non destructive manner if a mic has a usb connector and the mic is not detachable etc.

Get a higher quality webcam. (Like a logitech) Not only do you get a microphone attached to your monitor, you also get a webcam in the event you ever need it.

Look into getting a shotgun mic. Best mic to use for a distance like a monitor.