PS4 pro, ssd or game drive

Nets

Hello everyone, 

and well my ps4 pro is kinda slow on loading time, around store or ps plus.. well i asked around and in a local store they told me the solucion is to buy one game drive, well my question is: 

Is better buy one 2tb ssd or 2tb gamedrive for ir ? (Same price) 

or Sell the ps4 pro and buy ps5 instead? 

thanks

Game drive? Just the external usb 2tb one?

That wont do anything but add mor storage

Replacing the internal hdd with a ssd does speed up the loading times somewhat but the ps4 store is still just as slow as its just not that well made

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Game drive? Just the external usb 2tb one?

That wont do anything but add mor storage

Replacing the internal hdd with a ssd does speed up the loading times somewhat but the ps4 store is still just as slow as its just not that well made

Thays what i thought, ir works with any sata ssd ? 

i could buy ps5 but somehow at least for what i play doesnt seem to be an upgrade:/

5 minutes ago, Nets said:

Thays what i thought, ir works with any sata ssd ? 

i could buy ps5 but somehow at least for what i play doesnt seem to be an upgrade:/

It depends on how long you wanna play online games too. The ps4 is end of life and we are now going full current gen with most games. It was stalled out for a while due to covid and scalping

I'd change that internal 1TB hdd with an 1TB (or 2TB depending on your needs) internal ssd.

It's more a question of time than money, ssds being so cheap.

I have a 1TB ssd in my PS4 Pro since years. You'll regret not having done it before.

The PS4 is SATA1 but the PS4 Pro is SATA2.

So even the Pro won't use the whole potential of your ssd (SATA3) but it will be significantly better than your current (I'd say 20-30% general speed improvement)

Edit : I got it wrong, I don't know why. The PS4 is SATA2 300MB/s but the PS4 Pro is SATA3 600MB/s.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

I replaced the Internal in my sons with a 1TB ssd. Then put the internal in external enclosure for extra storage.  He loved it and loaded games much faster than his friends.  

7 minutes ago, Mavrick2k said:

I replaced the Internal in my sons with a 1TB ssd. Then put the internal in external enclosure for extra storage.  He loved it and loaded games much faster than his friends.  

PS4 or PS4 Pro ?

Nowadays you could just go 2TB

(I put the hdd on my TV)

Edited by leclod

His was the PS4 Slim COD edition.  Which now collects dust.  He is on xbox series s and pc now.

as you said in another reply you could get a ps5, its something i would recommend considering if you can find one for retail. i have a ps4 slim with a 2tb crucial ssd, and thats not even comparable to my ps5. plus if you wanna continue playing modern games, their lifespan is limited on ps4 plus, plus alot of them dont run that well on ps4 (mw22 shouldnt be on ps4/xb1)

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

It depends on how long you wanna play online games too. The ps4 is end of life and we are now going full current gen with most games. It was stalled out for a while due to covid and scalping

i dont play online just single player games and i do have like 10 on my list to play yet, i dont have much time for gaming unfortly but i was trying to play god of war and the loading time is like wtf 

11 hours ago, leclod said:

I'd change that internal 1TB hdd with an 1TB (or 2TB depending on your needs) internal ssd.

It's more a question of time than money, ssds being so cheap.

I have a 1TB ssd in my PS4 Pro since years. You'll regret not having done it before.

The PS4 is SATA1 but the PS4 Pro is SATA2.

So even the Pro won't use the whole potential of your ssd (SATA3) but it will be significantly better than your current (I'd say 20-30% general speed improvement)

i probably will try yes if i regret somehow i can allways use  it as an external drive

10 hours ago, Mavrick2k said:

good sound like what i need

4 hours ago, Guiltyxz said:

as you said in another reply you could get a ps5, its something i would recommend considering if you can find one for retail. i have a ps4 slim with a 2tb crucial ssd, and thats not even comparable to my ps5. plus if you wanna continue playing modern games, their lifespan is limited on ps4 plus, plus alot of them dont run that well on ps4 (mw22 shouldnt be on ps4/xb1)

i could, here in portugal they are at retail prices i think, 450e thing is i have many games to play yet i could go to an webuy shop and spend like 300e on a ps5 but well i dont really know at this moment, today i did spent some time checking about it and i saw that a ps5 pro will be coming in the next couple years, and well for the things i learn here i think in my case is best to spend 45e on a 1tb ssd and when comes out buy the pro model 

On 6/14/2023 at 7:44 PM, Guiltyxz said:

i have a ps4 slim with a 2tb crucial ssd, and thats not even comparable to my ps5.

Your PS4 is SATA1 150mb/s. His PS4 Pro is SATA2 300mb/s. That's a significant difference. He'll have a bigger advantage from an ssd than you have

Edit : I got it wrong, I don't know why. The PS4 is SATA2 300MB/s but the PS4 Pro is SATA3 600MB/s.

Edited by leclod

13 hours ago, leclod said:

Your PS4 is SATA1 150mb/s. His PS4 Pro is SATA2 300mb/s. That's a significant difference. He'll have a bigger advantage from an ssd than you have

Well i bought one ssd on a local store one msi 1tb for 35€, did install it solve all my problems, no more stuttering, games Launch very fast.. to be honest the difference is night and day