Does anyone have the COOLMOON DM-1?

Hey, I was searching for a fan that has an infinity mirror that pushes air towards it's visible side.

(What's the point of having an infinity mirror if it's facing away?)

Currently rocking the lian li O11 and would love to have infinity mirrors all around, without sucking all the dust in existence into my PC. I came across these on AliExpress:

r/pcmasterrace - Does anyone have the COOLMOON DM-1 fans?

Picture is from the article in the link below

My case would basically look like this:

Picture from one of the reviews (no name to quote)

My question is, does anyone have these and give me a review of their other properties like sound and actual cooling power? I could not find a single (video) review and even on the chinese COOLMOON site they are not present. Thanks in advance to anyone nice enough to stick around or comment something useful (or funny) ^^

Links to the product:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005303105435.html? (Primary link)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005373893412.html? (Secondary link since items sometimes disappear for no reason on aliexpress)

9 hours ago, MrFleckstone said:

Hey, I was searching for a fan that has an infinity mirror that pushes air towards it's visible side.

(What's the point of having an infinity mirror if it's facing away?)

Currently rocking the lian li O11 and would love to have infinity mirrors all around, without sucking all the dust in existence into my PC. I came across these on AliExpress:

Picture is from the article in the link below

My case would basically look like this:

Picture from one of the reviews (no name to quote)

My question is, does anyone have these and give me a review of their other properties like sound and actual cooling power? I could not find a single (video) review and even on the chinese COOLMOON site they are not present. Thanks in advance to anyone nice enough to stick around or comment something useful (or funny) ^^

Links to the product:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005303105435.html? (Primary link)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005373893412.html? (Secondary link since items sometimes disappear for no reason on aliexpress)

Hmm... I'll have to check and see if that's the one I just ordered or have in my inventory. I also ordered the Gelid Stella Infinity, which only recently became available in the USA. It's beautiful, if the pictures are to be believed. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

I looked at lots of images and the DM-1 looks pretty. And then it hit me. Searches return videos, too. LOL! I'm so forgetful! Ali Express has videos for you!

I think they're quite nice, especially the border lines. The Stella Infinity is less expensive although I don't think it's as pretty. However, (and don't confuse it with the Stella) it has a massive lumen range that, with lights out, provides quite a show. Look at them both and tell me what you think. The pictures of both may have been doctored.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

8 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I looked at lots of images and the DM-1 looks pretty. And then it hit me. Searches return videos, too. LOL! I'm so forgetful! Ali Express has videos for you!

I think they're quite nice, especially the border lines. The Stella Infinity is less expensive although I don't think it's as pretty. However, (and don't confuse it with the Stella) it has a massive lumen range that, with lights out, provides quite a show. Look at them both and tell me what you think. The pictures of both may have been doctored.

Hey thanks for the tipps, when It comes to Argb and looks I somewhat trust the sellers videos, but regarding sound and actual CFM I'm always sceptical.

But I just bought them, if they're bad I should be able to return them. I'll make a small review regarding everything I can test at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: They arrived perfectly fine, work like a charm and look pretty nice. Apart from some small grimes, like the LED backplate being visible on the reverse fans, the horrible shipping packaging (nothing broke so it should be fine), the stickers not pulling off without extra effort and different fanblades on the two configurations, I would recommend them (at least from reputable sellers).

If anyone has some questions feel free to ask.

Some pics from my now cleaned up PC:

(Ignore my chair ASMR, that thing has been with me for like 15+ years)

IMG-20230627-WA0042.thumb.jpeg.2e648ac817370f6751461511fde7e68c.jpegIMG_20230624_000652.thumb.jpg.827a852faf5b20bf2752c1202f1d66f9.jpgIMG_20230623_225808.thumb.jpg.8a8a2c42f8f9839a403ab2e385055b52.jpgIMG_20230623_223958.thumb.jpg.eb5dd248760cf4251836dba6fc14ab23.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, they look exactly like a fan I just bought for under $10. I'll try to check after work. 

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If I'm not mistaken, they look exactly like a fan I just bought for under $10. I'll try to check after work. 

They cost me ~70€ for 9 so that price checks out 👌

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, what about the noise at lowest rpm and in general?

Thanx

On 6/29/2023 at 9:38 AM, MrFleckstone said:

They cost me ~70€ for 9 so that price checks out 👌

Please remind me tomorrow - I have over 200 fans and I just need to finish organizing them so I can find the infinity fans. I know I have the Gelid Stella Infinity, which is a bit expensive, but I had to return another because it was deliberately mislabeled by the seller, so I can't remember which I have.

6 hours ago, drejtori69 said:

Thanx

I don't have that brand, but if it's the same visually as the one I DO have, it may have the same specs. Nudge me tomorrow.

On 7/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, drejtori69 said:

Thanx

Sorry I didn't get the notification 🙌 don't really have a way to measure noise levels on a professional standard, but I can 100% make a video where I stress test them and record with my phone's audio.

IMO they are fine, I could not hear any coil whine and they don't need to ramp up at all even if I stress my i7-12700F (so no overclocking). At standard level they are noticeable, but not distracting and If I put on headphones I can't really hear them at all.

On their highest setting, which I only use to annoy my friends over discord they can get quite loud, but they are 9 fans directly next to my mic. ^^

One thing I was sceptical about was the different fanblades on the in- and outtake fans, but I did some research and it actually boils down to the outtake fans being more optimised for pressure while the input ones are optimised for airflow 🙌

On 7/8/2023 at 12:08 AM, RevGAM said:

Please remind me tomorrow - I have over 200 fans and I just need to finish organizing them so I can find the infinity fans. I know I have the Gelid Stella Infinity, which is a bit expensive, but I had to return another because it was deliberately mislabeled by the seller, so I can't remember which I have.

I don't have that brand, but if it's the same visually as the one I DO have, it may have the same specs. Nudge me tomorrow.

Ping.

15 hours ago, MrFleckstone said:

One thing I was sceptical about was the different fanblades on the in- and outtake fans, but I did some research and it actually boils down to the outtake fans being more optimised for pressure while the input ones are optimised for airflow 🙌

Fyi, Outtake exhaust fans should have good AF, intake should have good SP.

15 hours ago, MrFleckstone said:

Ping.

Remind me again. I have mandatory OT at Amazon, so I'm exhausted and short on time. The good news is I sleep better. 😴 

I'm most of the way through inventorying my fans...

23 hours ago, MrFleckstone said:

Ping.

Found it. It's a Cool Moon DM1. COOLMOON 120mm PC Case Fan Cooling 5V 3PIN ARGB 4PIN PWM Positive/Reverse Wind Direction Radiator Cooler 12cm Mute Ventilador. LOL! 🤣

I had ordered one but returned it for a reason I cannot recall.