13600KF over heating with be quiet dark rock pro 4 ?!?

Hello,

I built a computer for my friend but when I was stress testing it I noticed that some cores are hitting high temps (96-98c) 5mins into the cinabench test and one core is significantly colder at 90c. I think  dark rock pro 4 cooler will have plenty of power to dissipate heat from 13600KF. Is there a problem with the cooler/thermal paste or this is normal temperatures with this setup?
More info:

Cinabench R23.200 score: 22754

Ambient temperature: 25c

MB: TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI

CPU: Intel 13600KF

Cooler: be quiet dark rock pro 4

Case: Antec DF800
CPU no-load temperature: 30-32c

Attaching screenshot of CPU temps

heat.png

5 minutes ago, Faustasm said:

Hello,

I built a computer for my friend but when I was stress testing it I noticed that some cores are hitting high temps (96-98c) 5mins into the cinabench test and one core is significantly colder at 90c. I think  dark rock pro 4 cooler will have plenty of power to dissipate heat from 13600KF. Is there a problem with the cooler/thermal paste or this is normal temperatures with this setup?
More info:

MB: TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI

Cooler: be quiet dark rock pro 4

Case: Antec DF800

heat.png

Stock motherboard Vcore voltages are way too high on some motherboards, that is something you can check. 

That's kind of just how 12th and 13th gen is, especially if you don't do any tuning to them. My 12600KF has a 280mm AIO + contact frame at its disposal, and after quite a few hours of tuning to get the most out of it that I can at 150-165w (think all-core does 4.6GHz PC and 4.0GHz EC at something like 1.23v) it will still do high 80s to low 90s in Cinebench R20 after 10-15 minutes of looping.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Keep in mind that Cinebench is an unrealistically high load for the average gaming scenario. If temps are kept sub 100 in Cinebench without throttling issues, then they are going to stay nice and cool during gaming sessions

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Intel just runs hot

For performance id just let it top out at either 100c or 115c for stresstests like cinebench or prime95, you aint gonna be running much past 1.3v with that cooling anyways so might aswell crank the temp limits and watch it fly

Besides youll see colder temps with normal loads anyways, doesnt matter if prime95 hits 115c but under normal loads like gaming you only hit 80c

Still torturing CPU. Throughout all cinebench run CPU is hovering around 5.0-5.1GHz. When run stops CPU temp drops instantly to 40c.
Do you guys think it would be good idea to under volt CPU or just leave it stock and don't temper with it?

19 minutes ago, Faustasm said:

Hello,

I built a computer for my friend but when I was stress testing it I noticed that some cores are hitting high temps (96-98c) 5mins into the cinabench test and one core is significantly colder at 90c. I think dark rock pro 4 cooler will have plenty of power to dissipate heat from 13600KF. Is there a problem with the cooler/thermal paste or this is normal temperatures with this setup?
More info:

MB: TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI

Cooler: be quiet dark rock pro 4

Case: Antec DF800

heat.png

13600kf is designed to suck all the cooling it can get and constantly push itself to 100 degrees. Unlocked it is.

There is approximately a 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Intel just runs hot

For performance id just let it top out at either 100c or 115c for stresstests like cinebench or prime95, you aint gonna be running much past 1.3v with that cooling anyways so might aswell crank the temp limits and watch it fly

Besides youll see colder temps with normal loads anyways, doesnt matter if prime95 hits 115c but under normal loads like gaming you only hit 80c

Just being safe when building something for a friend. Plus few years passed from the last time I built PC from the ground up. So I don't have a lot of experience with spicy Intel nuggets. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Faustasm said:

Just being safe when building something for a friend. Plus few years passed from the last time I built PC from the ground up. So I don't have a lot of experience with spicy Intel nuggets. 🙂

iirc you can run the cpu at 100c tjmax rating for decades atleast thats what ive heard

Its also dependant on voltage but theres no reason to run 115c if you are hitting voltage rollover where the cpu simply wont scale with volt anymore due to heat, same goes for 100c, but ofc depends on what kinda volt you are running

I would personally prefer <80c but thats because i overclock and getting the cpu too hot usually results in stresstests failing, though this only applies on anything that doesnt run hot af and can actually do 1.4v without immedeatly spiking to 100c which is basically everything pre 12th gen

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

iirc you can run the cpu at 100c tjmax rating for decades atleast thats what ive heard

Its also dependant on voltage but theres no reason to run 115c if you are hitting voltage rollover where the cpu simply wont scale with volt anymore due to heat, same goes for 100c, but ofc depends on what kinda volt you are running

I would personally prefer <80c but thats because i overclock and getting the cpu too hot usually results in stresstests failing, though this only applies on anything that doesnt run hot af and can actually do 1.4v without immedeatly spiking to 100c which is basically everything pre 12th gen

I'm slightly more familiar with older stuff. Not used to seeing cpu sit on 100c in "normal" operation. Thank you for explaining how 12/13th gen work.

Go bios find vcore set to manua and punch in 1.15v 

save exit retest 

my cpu pulled 1.38v at stock and ran 100c now it’s 66c in r23 with no performance loss with a 240aio

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper