High pitched noise when v-sync off in rocket league

Liutauriux

I  have encountered one of the weirdest issues, when I'm playing rocket league there is a constant high pitched noise in my left ear that can be heard in game and alt tabbed. I tried playing around with the settings and somehow enabling v-sync completely gets rid of this sound. I tried to record the sound and it doesn't get picked up by the windows audio, but gets picked up by my mic somehow. Any ideas what this can be? I don't want to be forced to play with v-sync.

Likely a form/variant of coil whine. It isn't audible without the headset?

Some component emits a frequency at high refresh rates that happens to be at the right frequency to be picked up by other cables. Every cable is technically an antenna.

You could try a different cable length.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Oh yeah, it's definitely audible without the headset, but why would v-sync affect it ? And I have dt 770 pros so the cable is not detachable.

I guess it's just coil whine from the gpu, but it seems that capping the fps to my monitor's refresh rate fixed the issue

40 minutes ago, Liutauriux said:

I  have encountered one of the weirdest issues, when I'm playing rocket league there is a constant high pitched noise in my left ear that can be heard in game and alt tabbed. I tried playing around with the settings and somehow enabling v-sync completely gets rid of this sound. I tried to record the sound and it doesn't get picked up by the windows audio, but gets picked up by my mic somehow. Any ideas what this can be? I don't want to be forced to play with v-sync.

Use a Non-Vsync FPS CAP (if you want of course, if not wanting Vsync), the buzzing at certain framerates sounds like coil whine, so potentially I would then lower the FPS AVG/MAX with FPS caps, not Vsync.
Nvidia/AMD control panels have this feature, as does MSI Afterburner and various other software out there... to limit MAXFPS to something less coil whined.

Quake1 Remaster at 1000fps as a test,.. makes my 2080Ti scream loud (coil whine) but when limited to 360fps, its gone completely.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz