Thinking of switching to 7800X3D for gaming form 13900K to reduce heat in case and power and get better gaming performance

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

As already said, then do it, there's really not much to discuss?  most people wouldn't want to do this all for very little *possible* gains, and in the end it'll probably cost you money too regardless....

you know, you said temps/power.... but i guarantee you everyone is just wondering one thing: WHY?? that's the only thing worth discussing here since the differences are likely very small, but in the end its your decision if you want to do this, way too much hassle for me, it just makes no sense simply (because unless proven otherwise any improvements are just imaginary at this point lol)

i dont see how you "gain" anything at all when you go from a 9 series to a 7 series, even with them being intel vs amd, you go from 24 core 32 thread to 8 core 16 thread. that seems like a literal cut in half not a gain. i do have to admit that gamers nexus compared these CPUs in a video a few months ago and a lot of what was in that video shows that the amd is better but he has very special skills to get exactly what he wants to see from these, most people dont, they literally plug and play plus he was also using a ryzen 9 series, not a 7.

Well to bump this topic back up.

I am actually now leaning towards this as my 13900KS is in fact not stable afterall even at 5.6GHz as I get WHEA CPU Internal errors with Last of Us Parft 1 during texture generation confirming maybe RAM overclock not stable or CPU just too much power and too much heat for an air cooler and I stay with air cooling and do not want liquid nor AIO.

Its odd how these new CPUs fail in something where the temp peaked at 91C averaging high 80s.

Yet it could pass Linpack XTREME and Y Cruncher all tests including BBP which are 2 minutes long where it would have thermal throttled had I not had AC pointed at my case and even then temp got to like 98C. 

7800X3D more set and forget it seems.

But now a change is needed afterall.