Which of these projects are easier in order?

shivajikobardan

CS Notes selling site for my country.
blog website
Meme templates website
Movies like "movie_name" recommender
Reminder in calendar.
Video watched percentage calculator from a playlist. Like in udemy.
Another blog where anyone can create an account and post.
Locally hosted book search engine for pdf files. Like google books.
Random Nepali name generator website

I've never made anything, not even tic tac toe in my life. Which of these projects are in increasing order of difficulty? The easiest is number 1.

All of those seem pretty hard. I'm not in the know about the difficulty, but I have a suggestion, which is to use ChatGPT to write the basics of some of that stuff. I've been using it to make websites and it works great with a little help.

I try to be respectful. If I ever come off in a different manner, I probably don't mean to. If I don't help you sorry, if I do, mark my comment as the solution. 

I don't want to rate all of them, but the easiest by far would be:

22 minutes ago, shivajikobardan said:

Random Nepali name generator website

Fine a list of Nepali names -> Pick one at random, done.

22 minutes ago, shivajikobardan said:

blog website

Basically a website that has to show text. Some CSS if it should look fine. If you want to be able to create blogs on the website itself, you'd also need something to process and store information that was entered on the website.

24 minutes ago, shivajikobardan said:

Another blog where anyone can create an account and post.

Same as before, but with an account system. Difficulty depends on how secure it needs to be. If you just save everything in cleartext and match it, it's pretty easy.

All of them can be made very complex or very simplistic. The minimum viable product for them is pretty simple.

But you also don't need to start with a website if you haven't done anything yet. Maybe just start with one thing, then you don't have to learn HTML/CSS/JS and something like PHP and potentially some kind of database at the same time.

if you really have never made even basic programs, you should not make a public facing anything as your very first project. 

also most of these are webdev 

thanks man. What should I do then? Should I learn algorithms and data structures and start grinding leetcode to build my problem solving skills?

in order of increasing hardness, it would be like:

1. name generating website: good for a beginner warm up kind of thing... 

2. reminder in calendar:  create a ui, store the data in a db or at least json, send notifications, maybe also try to a auto start at startup kind of thing

3. CS notes selling site 

4. blog website

5. blog website again, improved, in every aspect possible.. maybe something like a facebook clone or a reddit clone

6. video watch percentage calculator thingy... you will get to know how to use and deal with APIs properly...

7. move name recommender... (i have never done this, as i have no idea on how to write the algorithm for it)

8. locally hosted book search engine for pdf files... you will have to write your own algorithm to index and search/scan the PDF for all the texts and also write a search algorithm

23 hours ago, shivajikobardan said:

Should I learn algorithms and data structures

that would be nice... but, learning a lot of advanced algorithms are useless (to an extent, but doing it will help to improve the algorithms you write), learn only the ones that you think will be useful to you... + the essentials to an intermediate level

On 6/5/2023 at 8:18 PM, Wardus said:

ChatGPT to write the basics

dont do this either... at least, not until you are confident with the basics and can do it without any help... because the basics and the foundational knowledge matters a lot!

hey! i know to use a computer