RIP Cortana Microsoft will soon end support for the Windows Cortana app. Will live on in certain parts of Office for now.

Uttamattamakin
1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

I guess I just disagree with the mentality that you won't use something that you don't even know what it is capable of yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the things it can help us with are things that you didn't even think possible. 

I'm a very stubborn person in general. I have a gaming PC and an interest in tech - but that's fueled by my innate hatred for it. Tech is great in that it can calculate a bunch of algorithms in simulations, spit data out, and help us as a species to live long and prosper. However it has its downsides as it's made us complacent in a way. There's "smart" tech everywhere when there's just no need. We were looking at new water heaters the other day and they now have "smart" ones. Why? I really don't understand why I'd want to download an app, create an account, have my data scrubbed, all to never use it in the first place. All I need is to plumb the new one in, wire it up, and flip the valves and breaker on. I'll come back to it every now and then to drain it and clean the elements but that's it. It's functionally not necessary. It's almost like RGB - cool when implemented right but it's everywhere and unavoidable for no good reason.

At the end of the day I'm saving up so I can F off to a cabin in the woods and live peacefully. For me, I don't need these things. At most a gaming PC to play the few simulator games I do.

Good. One less thing to disable in a fresh install.

If I'm typing something into the Start menu, I want to search my local computer. I don't want it to search Bing, or look up the weather, or any of that.

I even used to turn off the search assistant "feature" back in XP. 

Just search my local files, Windows. If I want to search the web, I'll open a browser.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Who actually used Cortana?

GPU 7900XTX CPU 5800X3D RAM 2x16GB DDR4 3600Hz CL18 PSU be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W 

Case Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitors 1440p 165Hz 27" (H) - 1080p 120Hz 24" (V) Audio DT770 Pro/Momentum TW2 

Laptop 2023 MacBook Pro 14" M2Pro Phones iPhone 13 Pro Max/Galaxy S20+/Galaxy S9+ Wearable Apple Watch Series 8

My full rig

My only interactions with Cortana since release have been to remove it from the taskbar whenever I installed Windows for me or anyone else.