Corsair k70 help

Heya, I was wondering if anyone of you know if there's a rubber/silicone pad/board that I could put under the key caps to dampen the sound from bottoming out and overall rattle throughout the keyboard? Thanks in advance.

I use this product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QX1BBR But they also have a softer one (40A) if you want a squishy feel. They also come in thin and thick sizes. I bought one of each and use whichever I like the feel of. If you have the stock key caps, use the thin. If you have XDA key caps, buy the thick and thin and stack them lol Those keycaps are HUGE and hollow.

But back to your keyboard. You basically cannot remove the rattle without replacing the switches. If you have a hotswap board, which most k70's are not, then I can make some recommendations. If you know how to solder you can also change them. But the stock switches are not a pleasant experience I've come to realize. And I used to be a hard core k70 fanboy. Oh well you live and learn!

I'm grateful for the answers, so don't get me wrong, I asked for a pad or a board for the reason that I would just have to remove the key caps, roll it out over the board and put the caps back and be done with it.

The vibrations throughout the board would be absorbed by it too, further reducing the sound, it also makes bottoming out less harsh which with my style of typing would reduce vibrations through my fingers too, reducing the fatigue in the fingers too.

Rings dampens the sounds for the keys themselves, but does nothing for the board itself, no matter how stiff it might be, it still sends vibrations throughout itself since it doesn't have anything sandwiched between to address that, those vibrations are carried to all of the other keys which makes a rattling noise.

Then the clips are finiky and takes a lot of effort to apply, but I'm still left with the issue of rattling throughout the board.

So both the clips, stabilizers and rings have the issues of firstly being something that's per key and will only affect the keys, also, since it is per key, it means that I have to do it for all individual keys and I'm not for that, then there's the issue of the RGB flashing me from the gaps between the key caps thanks to the metal below the key caps, I want a layer between to serve as many functions as possible, so a pad/board/mat that I can just roll out that serves every gripe I have with the keyboard is preferable, because it has all of the upsides and no downside compared to any per key solution.

But again, thanks for the suggestions.

28 minutes ago, FrozdY said:

But again, thanks for the suggestions.

ooooh you're looking for switch foam. This normally go in between the switch plate and PCB. The k70 doesn't support it... sorry man

31 minutes ago, johnt said:

ooooh you're looking for switch foam. This normally go in between the switch plate and PCB. The k70 doesn't support it... sorry man

Well kinda, just something that goes between the caps and the board above the metal plate but still under the caps.

So no disasembly required, just removing the caps, roll some sort of cushioning material on the metal plate around the switches and pop on the caps again, nothing else

So to summarize, what I want is something I can have around the switches, some sort of foam, silicone or rubber pad/mat just below the keycaps, not below the switches, rather around them, sort of a thick mouse pad or something like that with holes for the switches to poke through so that they can actuate, that's preferably thick enough to also cushion the bottoming out of the keys, making that less harsh, but it will also be less reflective than the metal plate, so that my eyes doesn't get seared from the underglow(the RGB reflection from the metal board reflection, i just want the legends to be RGB, not between the caps), it'll also dampen the sound from all components.