Loudness Equalization "not working" on new pc

aelizia

hi there, ive always used loudness equalization since as long as i can remember. Like having everything at one volume especially for gaming, and loudness equalization seemed to help with the overall volume being louder (im partially deaf as is). I have just stopped playing on my Razer Blade 15 and gone to a tower PC with the b550 gaming x v2. Even with loudness equalization on everything is way too quiet and it doesnt even seem to be working. any ideas on what i can try?

tia!!

Different speakers, or a different amp.  Your desktop is no a laptop and the speakers and amp aren’t built in.  Perhaps you’ve been subsisting off the weird magic that was built into your laptop without knowing it.  Every system is going to behave differently.  The difference here is the system is changeable and not already pre-tweaked.  There are a bunch of things you can mess with.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

44 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Different speakers, or a different amp.  Your desktop is no a laptop and the speakers and amp aren’t built in.  Perhaps you’ve been subsisting off the weird magic that was built into your laptop without knowing it.  Every system is going to behave differently.  The difference here is the system is changeable and not already pre-tweaked.  There are a bunch of things you can mess with.  

same headphones, same driver, but yeah im guessing the amp either runs off is the catalyst here. Just annoying because i feel like im going deaf, everything is so quiet 😞