MSI Prebuilt Mobo (B450 Pro VDH Max)

Hi guys,

Recently I moved all of the components from my prebuild to a new NZXT case, for future upgrades of my system.
There is only just one problem. The motherboard is loaded with an OEM BIOS firmware instead of the newest BIOS update for the retail board.
When I try to load the retail version into the bios with M-Flash it won't show up, because the version name does not correspond with the current version names.
Is there a way with MSI motherboard to load the retail version on it? Since the original name is on the board itself.

Thanks

52 minutes ago, fluxsystem said:

Hi guys,

Recently I moved all of the components from my prebuild to a new NZXT case, for future upgrades of my system.
There is only just one problem. The motherboard is loaded with an OEM BIOS firmware instead of the newest BIOS update for the retail board.
When I try to load the retail version into the bios with M-Flash it won't show up, because the version name does not correspond with the current version names.
Is there a way with MSI motherboard to load the retail version on it? Since the original name is on the board itself.

Thanks

PreBuilt systems usually comes with a locked BIOS OEM BIOS as you state, and there might have been done something to do so you can't flash it with a new BIOS either.   Are you sure its the MAX version and not the V2 or PLUS version?

5 hours ago, fluxsystem said:

Here are the picture

paging @Somerandomtechyboi and @Hinjima but for the most part, SPI is a super last resort advanced user thing to do.

remember to press quote to get a response from someone.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

55 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

SPI is a super last resort advanced user thing to do.

Its literally just use a cheap ch341a and some dupont female - female jumper cables to use the spi port, i dont see how advanced that is, basic shit as far as im concerned, only diff is needing to use a header rather than taking out the bios chip and putting it directly into the bios programmer

it also comes with the benifit of never having to worry about bios corruption so if a bios update fails and no bios flashback just flash it externally, also just being able to flash whatever the hell bios you want but that is only interesting for overclockers

last resort if spi header dont work you just desolder the chip outright and solder it to a bios programmer to flash but thats because desoldering and resoldering is gonna be a pain